Super Jet Which stand up is better?

I have been looking to buy a stand up for a while now and came across two deals the other day.

The first is a 1991 650 super jet with a trailer. It is all stock and runs without hesitation or any sort. The only thing needed on that one is the mat might need replacement. He is wanting $850.

The second one is a 1998 750. It actually is a package deal that comes with a two jet ski trailer and two jet ski’s, a 89 650 and the 1998 750 but I figured I would just sell the 650 and the trailer. According to the seller everything works as it should. He is wanting $1500 for all three combined.

My question is which is the better ski, the 1998 750 or the 1991 650 super jet? And which is the better deal? I am young so salability doesn’t matter too much. Thanks

superjet! a stock square nose like that goes for 1500 around here....It will also be a more fun hull for jumping around and practicing tricks.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
I would buy all of them, try each of them out for more than a few minutes at a time to get a really good feel for what they can do and then part out the ones I didn't like.

most people cant buy every deal they come across just to try out which one they like most.you need to ask yourself what kind of riding you want to do.that question wll greatly influence your buying decision.usually kawasakis are racing skiis.usually superjets are freestyle skiis.i started with a kawasaki 750 which was fun untill i rode a superjet.i think you will have more fun on the sj.

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
Get the squarenose!
750 is a decent ski (but heavy), the 650sx is a dog
but the SN has excellent potential and is a great riding ski while you decide what and how to upgrade it
you will not regret going Yamaha over Kawasaki

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
I would buy all of them, try each of them out for more than a few minutes at a time to get a really good feel for what they can do and then part out the ones I didn't like.

Agreed with OCD! At those prices, as long as they are what they say as far as running and such, there is no way you can't get your money back plus more if you sold the ones you didn't want after getting to experience them all and keeping you favorite... The 750 would sell for $1500-2000 around me, 650sx for 1000 maybe, double trailer- depending on condition-$800-1200. The square alone would be $1000.

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

NVJAY775

My home away from home.
And like said above the square nose is just more fun to ride. We've had a 650 sx and the 750 sxi and my son now has a square with a 650 and just a type 4 factory pipe on it and it's a very fun ski to ride. Wayyyyy more fun to ride than the kawis. My son is almost riding out barrel rolls on it now. Off wakeboard boat wakes. YAMAHA

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
They are all good prices. Buy whichever has been best taken care of and will most likely lead to more riding and less maintenance. Given they are all equal condition, I'd go with the SN. The Kawi-combo is a better deal $$ wise only if you want to deal with them. I myself prefer the yamaha brand. I'd buy the SN, find some friends, ride different skis, save some money, sell my SN and buy what I want when I know enough about skis to not have to ask which one to buy.

I would say try and ride them if you can to feel the differences. I think it has alot to do with personal opinion. The sj i think sounds like a great deal and you cant go wrong with sj's as long as it is in good condition. I personaly like the 650sx hull but 650's are dogs for the most part. 750's are powerful but feel heavy and walk on you a little bit at high speeds. I would shoot for the sj all around very good but I would look for the cleanest best shape ski like Vumad talked about.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
I had a strong running 650sx with a 44mm carb and a prop on it. It was no dog. I wasn't going to be doing backy's on it, but it ran 45mph and didn't take very long to get there. A 650sx would be a great 1st ski, but they have the same problem as that SN, they are old and likely to have problems due to age. I'd take a 650sx over a 750sx, i thought the 750sx felt like a nose heavy turd.

Personal preference. Do note that if you get a 650sx with anything but a 42mm or 44mm carb, you are going to need to upgrade the carb and tune it (about $100). The stock carb was 28mm (?) and would make it a dog. I think later models came with a 38mm carb that might have been ok? Not positive. Read group K's website.

Last edited:
86-90 650sx came with a stock 28mm Keihn carb, which utterly sucks. I feel like on a stock 650sx I can hardly get on plane and the thing just plows (and I weigh 135), maybe it's just my ski is so tricked now, but it feels bad, it doesn't even have enough power to pull you out if you do a 180. 91+ 650sx came with a stock 38mm Keighn carb, which I have heard is worse than the Mikuni (besides the smaller carb size, it's not designed well). A 44mm carb on a 650sx makes a huge difference and can go really fast and has a nice smooth responsive throttle. Though you need to either bore out your stock intake manifold or buy an aftermarket one (which usually go in combo deals with a 44mm carb for ~$350 on eBay).

I love my 650sx, love how it performs and handles and everything (also never ridden any other type of ski), but the modifications do reach a limit. Good first ski I think, can last long enough and get enough out of it until you get a Freak or some other high performance ski, as is what I'm doing.

Though as people said, if your new to the sport, better to get one ski and see how you like it and either sell it later for a different one or use the money you saved from the two kawis to upgrade it.

Top Bottom