Which year Blaster for Ocean or freestyle use?

I am interested in buying my first Yamaha Wave Blaster, and I was wondering what the difference is between the model years (and between Blaster I and IIs)? I am looking to build a freestyle type ski out of whatever I buy, so I want the best model to start with for that use. I have searched and I saw some of the 'buying tips', but not an actual post as to the different model years. What models are the best and why? Let me know. Thanks. -Todd

PS: I have ridden/owned many Kawasaki X2's and standups, and I am going to get another cheap project X2. I also want a Blaster. I think that a Blaster and an X2 would be a good two ski combo for not so much money initially (I know, I will dump a ton into them in customization over time thought).

WRX Dave

Freestyle poser
Don't buy a B2 for surf or freestyle. It's a significantly larger ski.

B1 is from 93-96. The 96 was the only one with dual carbs. I have a 95, and I personally like only having to deal with one carb. I wouldn't mind having duals, but it's not going to make or break a ski.

Don't buy a B2 for surf or freestyle. It's a significantly larger ski.

B1 is from 93-96. The 96 was the only one with dual carbs. I have a 95, and I personally like only having to deal with one carb. I wouldn't mind having duals, but it's not going to make or break a ski.

I will agree with Dave on this one.
I own a 94 B1 with a 61x 701 single carb, and I like only having to tune one carb instead of two. less hassle.

Top Bottom