Other Whitewater vid. NRG WV

Kawikazi

Don't follow my line.
Have you thought about putting a thin steel/aluminum plate on the bottom of your standups for extra protection?

That is pretty sick though that area generally is not the prob. It's the rear 18 to 20 inches that takes blows. I actually cut up that section of my hull last night and I'm gonna recess it and lay strips of 1/4" mining belt, overlapping them long ways in a way to keep shape and chines.. Be nice to just stall on a rock if need beo_O

http://www.x-h2o.com/index.php?threads/blaster-keel-guard.150421/
index.php

Kawikazi

Don't follow my line.
Yes we did speak about it. We'd love to have you guys come out. The lower new is off limits now but just below it are "the dries" and they are actually the choice section to jetski. Starting from the bottom, Gauley Bridge and working up stream, Gauley Bridge is a large lake area with a very nice beach campground just below the first class I/II rapid. The rapids from bottom up slowly work their way up to class IV-V+. Each rapid progressing up as you ride up river makes for a great way to work your way in. You only ride up as far as your comfort level and/or experience allows you..... You never ride down stream from put in for obvious reasons unless shuttle is arranged.

I'd like to see more people doing this. I feel it's a new unopen door to our sport, the next level of progression here and I'd do anything to make this happen. So if anybody is interested in riding, don't hesitate to hit me up.

I've talked to a few people about doing a wkend event at the Gauley Bridge campground at the bottom of all the rapids. With maybe even a endurance race on sunday through the entire stretch of rapids in "the dries" 12 miles total. Rapidly changing water levels are the main factor still. With no way to predict a safe water level for all level of riders to enjoy, the event could turn out to be an epic fail because there would not be enough water to ride OR so much water it would be to gnarly for anyone to try. I would like to start by having some groups of people come down and ride a wkend here and there to maybe get some better ideas rolling. Besides I can't do anything until peeps start riding this. They're currently has only been a handful of us for the past 8 years.

Kawikazi

Don't follow my line.
That guys lucky to be alive.if he got wedged behind that ski...

Do like the bit where you just slide your ski down a rock.

He not only was wedged behind it but the water sucked him under the ski in that position. He said he felt one rock on his chest and the other on his back as he passed through.

This is just plain crazy...and awesome! I can't even imagine riding like this. Takes some big b*lls and even smaller brains. No insult intended..I am just saying I would out think this and end up getting hurt.

Kawikazi

Don't follow my line.
I've been saying for years someone should make a hull out of rotary molded plastic (kayak material) with an embedded aluminum space frame.

I thought that is what SeaDoo did with the spark. Only when I went to check them out it seems like someone could punch a hole through it with their fist. Super brittle sounding when knocked on.

whoa... that is daring to say the least. Good for you to have got through ok. Extreme
Great job with the video... I got vertigo from some of the moves. Thanks for taking us along for the ride.

I thought that is what SeaDoo did with the spark. Only when I went to check them out it seems like someone could punch a hole through it with their fist. Super brittle sounding when knocked on.
Yeah I wish it was. Kayaks are rotomolded polyethylene (you probably know this living at NRG) which has great impact resistance, the Spark is glass reinforced polypropylene or what SeaDoo calls polytec...much more brittle stuff.

Top Bottom