Other Who is going to be the first person in jetskiing to film like this?

atch the world's first video array capture Mick Fanning surfing the enormous waves at Cloudbreak, Fiji. The GoPro Camera Array used for Rip Curl's upcoming Mirage Boardshort marketing campaign. If we want our sport to progress, we have to catch up to surfing photography to show people how cool it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
So the view just shifts from camera to camera to make a panning type view I take it? It'd be cheaper to hire a helicopter to hover over the waves while you go tricking on them than to buy all that crap.

kcmasterpiece

Sweet Baby Ray's Sucks
i dont know much about photography, but i bet if you compare that gopro setup to some high end professional camera equipment, its probably a pretty cheap setup. still expensive as hell though for the rec rider. looked to be about 6k in gopros alone, but compared to just one high end HD camera, that isnt much. (id assume)

rasper99

Freighter wake hunter
Since that rigs is so big it has to be on a boat I would take a different approach. Have one camera to do the main filming. Have a second camera on a arm swing in the same arc of the cams in their rig shooting at 60FPS. It might not be exactly the same but should be close enough. Gopro might not like it since it's a lot less cams sold.

Penken

whoomp there it is!
my guess would be that gopro did all the work.
and editing the hd stuff is not that bad as long as you have a computer that can handle it.

Mark Gomez

is where the surf is
what? $6,000 sounds about fair for that equipment let me sell my truck and pay for that and maybe a cheese burger if i dont get low balled..

unbefreakinglievable...

Funny thing is gopro cameras are so far over priced its nuts. I bought one opened the case pulled out this chinese toy. wtf the buttons even have a loud cheap click lol. My wife was taking a vid of me from the shore via caseless gopro and you can hear the "CLICK" and the end of the vid its funny. Sweet cameras but they need to be around the 100 mark with case. then add all the mounts separate. Or be the price they are with an interchangeable lens. To go from 170* to normal non fish eye.

Back on topic flippin sweet surf vid.

also mr.gomez you are my hero... just sayin

I would like to see 10 of the hd808 #11 cameras arranged in a simple array, resolder all of the buttons to one set of buttons and dip them all in plastidip with some form of waterproof usb plug (literally to keep water out of the usb plug) Total Cost ~ $500 $40 ea * 10 + $10 for assembly components.

On second thought just mount each camera in a container, they are small enough.

HD808 #11

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom