Who makes a ride plate that I won't break

So did you land on something in the upper left corner of photo? It's looks cracked pretty bad there?

Is that a notch cut on the upper right @ tail area ? What's that for ? Did delamination start there as well after you cut it ?

The plate looks like it's got some delamination at the front, did you cut the plate to fit in that area ?

The hole you cut for pump clearance, opened the top layer for delamination, do you have delamination starting at that hole ?

You may ask Steve to build one specificly for you and your situation, you might step up to full carbon if he thinks it will help and have him do all the trimming and hole cutting for pump clearance while he's making it so the top layer stays sealed. Send him that plate so he know where to clearance.

How is it this damage keeps occuring ?

I remeber reading you ride pretty hard in shallow water.

Contact Steve directly and discuss the problems youve Been having and how it keeps occuring and if he has a recommendation as far as a custom plate specificly for your situation

I didn't cut the front at all to fit the ski. I cut the hole for the pump to clear and the notch in the back is for my steering to clear. The arm off the nozzle would hit the plate. It was rubbing when it was on my
friends round nose. As far as the crack in the back it didn't delaminate it just started to crack there.
I very rarely hit bottom in shallow water with the tail of my ski. If I did I would be breaking nozzles. My nozzles extends about 4" past the ride plate. When it is shallow I do hit the nose of the ski in constantly I do agree with that.

That's a hybrid plate, fiberglass cunstruction with a layer of carbon over the surface.

If a cut is made the carbon layer can delaminate.

That's good your not hitting bottom, I'd call Steve at the waterceaft factory and discus a new plate to fit your situation and if full carbon is an option and have him do all the trimming and hole cutting/notching while he makes it

Sounds like the op needs to rock a shorter ride plate before he rips the nuts out of the hull, your on stock or extended plates with no hull underneath to support them because of the chopped hull

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
With the pump rubbing the rideplate and the rideplates breaking at the bolt flange it's evident that you're pulling the plate in tighter after touching the pump causing stress at the bolt flanges. Rather than cut a hole right in the middle of the plate to weaken it, space the plate down with washers/spacers to clear the steering arm and pump. You can also grind away the bottom flange of the pump slightly to help clear it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom