why didnt this octane sell ?

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
They are only going for around $4500. Nobody wanted to pay the $5200 they were asking so they didn't bother bidding on it.

I like those skis...fast as all hell right out of the box and come with a
Factory Pipe
UMI pole & Steering
Bilge
Flame Arrestors

Better than any Seadoo pos anyday.

and a mag pump to boot WOOT! Nice skis but not worth what he was asking, not gonna bring more that 4K rite now and being noth of the border cant help!

well if you guys noticed the first line i wrote I mention I just may have bought this if i didnt already buy a SXR recently ..
well here is teh update on THIS Octane . just got a PM form the guy that sold me the SXR .. seems he had a change of heart about not having a standup and bought the Octane ! .. At least I may get together withhim and take it for a rip .. He said he brought his wetsuit and actually took it for a ride yesterday !! ( we are in canada by the way and have snow the ground its daym cold lol )

Wolf Child

Just Another Octard
yea thats what I thought but cant say as I never rode one before .. plus I am just a recreational rider .. so I may not even be qualified to give a "real" opinion even if I had rode one ..
but still dont like speedracers answer .. hey toeach thier own opinion .. but if you want to claim that crap why not back up your claims not just spit out a opinion . you rode one an octane speedracer .. ? or work on one ? what s the problem ..
was considering this ski .. but just wondering about engine parts .. common at all to other polaris skis new or used oem parts ?

I have a pair of them and absolutely love them. if you think they are slow, underpowered, or dont turn you are a farking retard. :hitwithrock:

Wolf Child

Just Another Octard
You want a list ok ,its heavy even more so than an SXR, NO, it isnt...
it doesn't turn worth a crap unless the hull mods have been done,Learn to ride something different, you obviously cant handle anything out of the norm.
that may not be a problem for you if you are just going to freeride it,it appears they have been done on this one so you are good there,the ignition system sucks and most had to have their entire ignition replaced, again.. not bad, just different from what people are used too.
once that is done its usually ok from then on,I DID SAY USUALLY,the engine parts on an Octane are common with the Virage 800 skis only,the engine itself is pretty durable and it is fast,biggest problem is it hasn't been in production since 2003 and most of the Polaris parts are getting very hard to come by.Not if you know where to look.
You don't have to like my answer,you also don't have to accept it as fact,its mostly just my opinion,all I can say is I know what I know

last part of your quote in pink speaks for itself, doofus :swordfight:

Last edited:
Top Bottom