Super Jet Why Doesnt Yamaha Make a 4 stroke Stand up???

I believe weight would be a big issue. It was hard enough for Yamaha cutting weight on a snowmobile to switch over to 4 stroke. The RX-1 ton was a biznatch to handle but the Apex was a huge improvement...I just dunno if it will translate over to stand ups that easily, especially with the manueverability of the current SJ in danger of being lost

Last edited:
water in a 4 stroke or sinking it would be a massive issue when/if it happened. not like now with a 2 stroke you can sink it and be riding again in an hour.

the main reason I doubt yam or kawai would make a 4 stroke stand up is that there is so little demand for standups it wouldn't be worth the investment

yea it sucks lake powell doesnt allow 2 stroke pwc any more and i go there every year but i think if you have 2006 or newer 2 strokes your ok

has to be a fuel injected 2 stroke im prity sure so thats none of the current standups on the market, and this being the last year of production for standups means lake powell is a no go.

btw you still got your sj? saw you were sellin it a while ago..

Shaun Whats up!! i was just thinking about hitting you up to go ride but then i forgot Im a dumb ass for selling my ski after my surgery to get a Center console boat for catalina and coastal fishing so bummed!! But my ankle feels good and Im backon the market for another sj , mine was pristine too haha how you been??

ya i was bummed to see you sell that ski! it was in such good conditon!! oh well. been riding oside every weeknd when ever possible. center console huh? my buddy just bought one also not too long ago. fishin aint my thing, i like catching ahaha

Damn dude I wanna go to oside so bad. you never know you might see my boat for sale haha then I could by a sick sj with cash left over

Ill let you know when i get another sj , with such a big hole in my pocket probably wont be too long .

And yea catching is better then fishing lol and boat are so Damn expensive , DMV registration alone $850 :0 thats a 1990 sn superjet lol what kind of boat did you buddy get ? im trying to get a mount for my sj )when i get one) to rock the boat with the option of taking my sj out when i got to Catalina and even at oside

Even if 4 strokes are a compromise, Yamaha would build them if they could sell them (if there was sufficient demand). Demand is the real reason they won't bother.

Top Bottom