Why I'm Done With THIS Sport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its horrible that people can get so disgusted about something that they give up something they love. The Lustic brothers have been laying low, but dont be suprised to see them again sometime soon. I got over Mini Moto, as it started to become so competetive that it took the fun out of it for me. Now I am having the best time of my life learning freestyle for fun!

Last edited:

norcal ex

X-H2
he did it for them last year as a favor, he really really wanted to do it again but they didnt recognize any of the stuff he did help with....... im with him on this one.

Stu Carr

What fire extinguisher?
I new the feeling buddy, its the same in the U.K the competition scene is so full of BS and pitlane politics it took the fun away from the sport.
A lot of guys I know and have competed against have quit competing.
Fortunatley there are a few guys and girls (BART and MRS BART) who still love the social aspect of the sport, they spend a lot of time and effort organsing freeride events around the UK where you can still go and ride and have fun. There is also a national tour in the U.K that follows the same sort of rules, its a fun weekend with a competition thrown in as well.

Shame to hear about someone else quitting the sport though
Regards
Stu

Y

yamaslut

I new the feeling buddy, its the same in the U.K the competition scene is so full of BS and pitlane politics it took the fun away from the sport.
A lot of guys I know and have competed against have quit competing.
Fortunatley there are a few guys and girls (BART and MRS BART) who still love the social aspect of the sport, they spend a lot of time and effort organsing freeride events around the UK where you can still go and ride and have fun. There is also a national tour in the U.K that follows the same sort of rules, its a fun weekend with a competition thrown in as well.

Shame to hear about someone else quitting the sport though
Regards
Stu

amen... my philosophy exactly...

i can see both sides of it really.. people do this stuff for different reasons.. there are guys who pour their hearts and souls into this sport and when you're really in it to win it and then feel like youve been cheated or whatever, its sometimes disheartening. people are human, sometimes people overreact, it happens.. i know ive done it a million times..

its just human nature.. alot of guys here have read slymos posts and watched his vids for the last few years. he's a great guy as far as i know. give him time, he'll come around.

Exactly, well said Edwin.
I had the honor of meeting Slymo at WF last year. I found out we had lots more in common than just riding forever. :headbang: He's a very cool guy!
I hope the IJSBA just forgot/overlooked his efforts. They have so many people available to announce at the finals, its probably easy to forget someone. Stoyer was asked to announce armature freestyle and did a hell of a good job. They even copied they way he lined up the final 5. It was great seeing riders side by side shaking hands.
The good thing about Yamasakis point is that guys that have their "heart and soul in the sport" cant leave it. Its in their blood, and I'm glad they are there.
Its just the powers that be who overlooked you Slymo. Please know the rest of the Jet Ski world is thankful for all your efforts. Thats what really counts. :biggrin:

he was an awesome announcer!!! he did 10000000000000 times better then those two dumbasses did at the world finals. they were calling barrel rolls back flips and such!!! they knew nothing about freestyle!!! the western states cup was honored to have an announcer as good as henno represent them!!!

...NOT COOL. Although Slymo may very well could have done a better job at freestyle (and maybe the whole announcer gig), I know at least Dawn up there (don't know if Mike Young was present) gives it her all every time. She's a great person and very good for the sport in general. If Mike was up there, he's exactly the same way.

It's fine to say he could have done a better job, but don't trash the people that were called to do the job. Blame administration for not fitting tab A with slot B if you're going to blame anyone.

Grrrrrrr...

All Stock

Keyboard Freestyler
See ya Henno. Thanks for the help when I was first getting started. I doubt you remember, but you and BK were the first ones to answer a post from a newb on a 440.

Thanks for the help and if you ever get the itch to ride again, come on down and you can use my boat.

Good Luck Man.

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
i dont understand what BS is goign on at the freestyle events to make such a good rider sell all his shat?

SJBrit

Extraordinary Alien
i think slymo initially sold all his stuff just to cover some pretty serious medical bills he had going on. maybe he's just going through hard times right now? i was pretty bummed when i sold my stuff.. so i can relate.. i was fortunate enough to have the $$ to get back into it pretty quickly tho.

Exactly.

LBE

Eddie Would Go.
Can we delete this thred? I know that by posting here it will go back to the top, but I do it in hopes that a moderator will read this and close the thread.

I understand being fed up with wrenching and ridding with little to no return, but this thread is a real downer. Henno, sorry to see your getting out, but don't bring the rest of us down. Negative threads do nothing to help anyone.
We all wish you well in all that you do.
Farewell.

Ally

Official Beach Bitch
lol, did someone say Mike Young was a bad announcer???

now, that's hilarious :rolleyes:

Y

yamaslut

yea, he ********ing sucks at announcing freestyle....they called a barrel roll a back flip.... he was so bad last year henno had to take over...

I think Mike knows the difference between a BR & BF... that's a bit harsh and rude...
:rolleyes:

calling a BR a BF is probably the ONE mistake that he made the whole time so now its being blown out of proportion out of bitterness.

crybaby.jpg

Big Kahuna

Administrator
You know, Mike is one of the best announcers out there............ He knows what is going on......... But, for freestyle, it would be an advantage to have a freestyler competitor (in this case, retired) doing the announcing........ But this thread is not about Mike Young........... also, unless you have experience announcing then you really dont have much room to critisize....

Top Bottom