Will this motor fit

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
in my ski?
it has lots or torque!!!! :Eyecrazy:

1_schiffsmotor_2_20.jpg

i was working on a ship with a 6 cyl sulzer, and each piston, rings and rods weighed somthing like 25 tonnes EACH. It only turned 98 rpm, and was 11,500 hp! Not as big as the one in the pic tho...but was still 3 decks tall! Pretty cool engines...2 stroke power!!

Your going to need an adapter plate to fit the kawa 650 and 750 skis, along with the SJs. You'll probably also need to do a little hull trimming and the hood is going to have to be modified. You're also going to have to use a bigger pump. I don't think you'll ever be able to get it in a 440/550 hull though. Even with a lot of work it's not going to be worth the trouble, it's just going to sink. Just my 2 cents.

Waternut

Customizing addict
i was working on a ship with a 6 cyl sulzer, and each piston, rings and rods weighed somthing like 25 tonnes EACH. It only turned 98 rpm, and was 11,500 hp! Not as big as the one in the pic tho...but was still 3 decks tall! Pretty cool engines...2 stroke power!!

I bet the hp isn't quite as impressive as the torque... Is it really a 2 stroke though? I thought those were all diesels.

I bet the hp isn't quite as impressive as the torque... Is it really a 2 stroke though? I thought those were all diesels.

Ya i dont know the torque specs...alot haha. the one i worked on turned a 17.5 foot propeller. and yes they are 2 stroke diesels. we have a sulzer cylinder liner at our shop somwhere...ill try to snap a pic or 2.

Top Bottom