Wilmington NC surf riding?

does anyone know where in wilmington or around wilmington surf riding is allowed? I know carolina beach you can drive on\camp on the beach but not sure if jet skis are allowed. I would preferably like to launch off the beach at a ramp somewhere on the intercoastal, because of our truck only being 2wd and us not having a beach tote. Ive noticed on some beaches here in wilmington the waves break extremely close to the shore, and was wondering a nice beach to ride that has waves that break further out.

Also what items are essential for surf riding? I know hood straps, limiting rope, possibly footholds\straps. Would i need a bildge?
Im planning on hitting the surf in early august or late july, since we will be down here anyways.

fishinrod

guerrilla steezin
masonboro island is a sweet riding spot the waves are always huge although it can get really choppy its right across the jetty from wrightsville beach. plus its uninhabited so you can do whatever. it takes about 5 minutes to get out there

Fro Diesel

creative control
get a friend with a couch or build a secret bunker in the island and drop off a drum of race gas. :bananalama:

fishinrod

guerrilla steezin
i wouldnt suggest riding alone because if something happens out there your f'd but i would have a limiting rope right wrxdave? ha kiddin man but your got your a new pole, sorry to change the topic. but its only 5 minutes away from the ramp so you dont really need fuel

hey bro if your out here riding the surf, your welcome to join us.. We ride at emerald isle or topsail alot. I have a scupper but no bildge, which is probably a bad idea, but i havnt had a problem yet. We have a beach cart, so if we can ever help ya out, just let me know, the more the better!

more than likely ill be coming to topsail. just because on masonboro my family wouldnt be able to come and watch. and emerald isle is a little too far. ill let you know what dates im going to be there, more than likely the last weekend in july.

Im probably going to take the cheap way out and do some homemade hood straps\limiting rope, and not sure if im going to put in footholds or just get straps because i probably wont be keeping my sxr much longer

Last edited:
haha yea my buddy has a cheap limiting starp he made out of a bunji cord! Sounds good though, just let me know when. There are a few other guys out here who ride at top sail too, so it should be fun.

Top Bottom