SX/SXi/SXi Pro winter progress

Its been slow at work lately so I did most of the sanding there. Last night I put it on the polishing wheel and finished it up. Came out looking pretty good...

eeb36218.jpg
a28a0315.jpg
b5a8c2c6.jpg
406c3cdf.jpg

Also pulled the motor for my Jetinectics flywheel install and hull repair/paint work. I plan on using a good line-x type paint on the lower hull for this season.

Thanks, It turned out way better than my mod pipe I did last year(sold).

This is what it looked like before, it was starting to bubble in a few spots
3710a45a.jpg

these were after stripping the paint and using a wire wheel on the tough spots. Next was sanding 400,600,800,1200,1500 and then two steps of polish followed by some wax
6c339325.jpg
1b31253e.jpg

That pipe looks amazing , great job !

Thanks, After watching your build I had to step it up a little to keep up lol. I plan on gutting the hull (again) so I can clean it up and put down a nice coat of paint inside it. I like the way your bilgecoat turned out but I think Im going to try using left over bed liner coating instead. Im going to start on it this weekend.

IceRocket1286

Site Supporter
Pipe looks good.

Line-X type paint? I would not use that. That's a great way to add weight and ruin the bottom of a hull. Gel-Coat it if you do anything, its easy to do and is tougher than paint. Overspray basically doesn't even exist when you spray gelcoat. It's nice.

that pipe looks insane. i just bought one that was powder coated but it has some discolorations. Makes me want to do this to it. after you've sanded it and polished it are you adding an sort of clear coat? or will you just continually wax it...

that pipe looks insane. i just bought one that was powder coated but it has some discolorations. Makes me want to do this to it. after you've sanded it and polished it are you adding an sort of clear coat? or will you just continually wax it...

Ill just stick to waxing it, it comes off quickly so if need be I can throw it back on the buffing wheel.

5a9ac479.jpg
d41717da.jpg
cf8208b4.jpg
70e86c98.jpg
8b91bae2.jpg

getting ready for new paint in hull and under side of hull. Thought I'd weigh it just for laughs, hull as it sits is 151 lbs. hood is 16 lbs.

Filling pump shoe with epoxy
1f550309.jpg

shedding a few pounds from the hood, I'll reinforce the lip when my fiberglass shows up
e765b195.jpg

Top Bottom