Other Wiseco boost hole?

SXRguyinMA

Life's a beach
Ok, after one of my piston ring pins decided to say goodbye on me @ the end of last season, I'm rebuilding the engine. I had to get it bored due to the broken piston ring tearing up my cylinder.

I ended up getting the Wiseco true 800cc pistons (82.96mm) with boost hole and reed cutaway. According to Wiseco they're factory Kaw. race pistons. Now I know the reason for the reed cutaway, but what does the boost hole do exactly? I've tried searching for answers online but I cant find any info on Wiseco's website and they havent responded to my emails yet. And google is useless (type in "boost" regardless of what else you have and all you get it supercharger/turbo-related things).

Can someone fill me in?

I'm planning on getting the motor back together this Monday, and just need to wait for the snow to melt and ice to thaw so I can ride. I put in a new Skat 9/17 impeller and did some other things and never got to ride it last fall thanks to the engine! :rant:

Magnum Mike

Site Supporter
the groupk writeup on their 845cc package mentions a boost port:

Finally, a boost port hole was added to the rear of the piston to increase the amount of mixture being delivered by the rear transfer port. This boost port hole also has an important second purpose. With each inlet stroke, this boost port hole (located as close as possible to the crown of the piston) allows cool inlet gases to pass across the underneath of the crown of the piston, helping to significantly reduce the piston crown temperatures of the big 89mm piston.

http://www.groupk.com/y845.htm

Top Bottom