Working in this crazy heat!

Myself

manic mechanic
Who else works all day out in this heat? Here was my weather today 99* WITH almost 60% humidity! I know, I know, some of you are used to it BUT I'm in NORTHERN ARKANSAS not the gulf! My forecast shows a whole week of this crap!

Attachments

• Screenshot (12).png
    Screenshot (12).png
    232 KB · Views: 15

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
Northeast Tennessee and we have had some heat and humidity here this summer. l keep thinking it’s my age, but it’s just bloody hot!

smokeysevin

one man with a couch
I put off doing fiberglass prep on the inside of my hull as long as I could but I really want to be done with that part of the build so I am back at it again. I find bodywork to be miserable even when it is cool, 100+ makes it worse. I also probably should have cooled the resin down before doing my layup, the epoxy kicks so fast in the pot even with 4oz batches.

Sean

100 degrees today.

Went MTB'ing Monday Night, it was 97 Degrees.......... Went to 50 Cent Concert Last night and damn near melted my ass off!
I have so much respect for you right now I’m speechless, not for the heat but for the concert. Hit 99 yesterday in mn with an ass load of humidity

I work outside daily , heavy equipment field service . Here in KS we have been 103-106 degrees with realfeel 110-118. Absolutely brutal yesterday running a torch in the direct sun with a realfeel of 114.
31E6A04C-8539-4C00-98A8-FC0546720F3B.png

61p4h2ZRDdL._AC_UX569_.jpg

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
100 here today and it's supposed to get hotter, the lake felt like bath water yesterday when I test rode a ski, luckily today I spent most of the day in the truck, I may have to get one of those jackets, I have a Mission cooling hat, it doesn't do much in this kind of heat.

Last edited:

smokeysevin

one man with a couch
I had to do a commissioning on a hydraulic control system on a jackup rig in Dubai last month, full frcs and ppe. It was miserable. 111 actual temp and humid, I figured it wouldn't be that much different than the weather in Houston during this heat wave, 107-109 at our house. Boy was I wrong, I don't know how those guys do it full time, especially the welders.

Sean

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
I had a lovebug on my window today, the first one I have seen this year, I was wondering at what speed it would let go of my window, turns out they are good up to 60 MPH.

Top Bottom