Other World finals parking lot sale/ swap meet?

High Speed Industries

Your one stop shop for quality parts @highspeedind
Is there any sort of parking lot sale or swap meet during world finals? I know many members have parts for sale at finals but I've never seen one general area to find these parts while I'm down there. Would anyone be interested in attending a jet ski swap meet during the pro weekend if there isn't one already? I can imagine it would have to be either Saturday or Sunday. I know the events keep people busy for most of the day so it would need to be after the events. This was just an idea off the top of my head. I think it would be pretty cool if it worked out. Not sure how we would go about setting it up. I don't think a bunch of us can just show up at a random parking lot and start selling things. I guess all we really need is a good location and a time that works for everyone. Post up ideas if you have any. And if it doesn't work out no worries. Just figured it would be worth trying.
Thanks!

Here are the finals details.

What is it? A big swap meet/ parking lot sale for all of the fourm members. Show up, bring some stuff to sell, and bring some cash to buy stuff!

Where is it? 156 London Bridge Rd. Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403

When is it? Friday October 11th and Saturday October 12th. 6AM-10AM (During the pro weekend at the IJSBA World Finals)

Is there a Facebook link for the event? https://www.facebook.com/events/456883457759981/

Last edited:

High Speed Industries

An in and out parking lot is a good idea but I think it might be a little small. I wonder if we could use like a baseball field parking lot. I can imagine it would need to be somewhat large just in case a bunch of people show up. With my luck it will end up being me and 5 other people. Lol

34.475648,-114.349667 What's here??? Looks pretty big and empty....I say time would have to be pretty early, I think the first race starts at 10 AM, so maybe something like 8-10Am Sat and Sun, just pull up, open your trunk and sell?

Just past the entrance to the finals about two mins. or so is the entrance to Site Six boat ramp. Across the street is over flow parking which will be empty and is plenty big. Its just an open parking area (dirt) but easy to find.

Its all about the surf!
34.475648,-114.349667 What's here??? Looks pretty big and empty....I say time would have to be pretty early, I think the first race starts at 10 AM, so maybe something like 8-10Am Sat and Sun, just pull up, open your trunk and sell?

I think this is a great idea! The above site looks good but it also looks like private property that would require permission. A better location would be here: 34.467213,-114.359189. This is the large dirt lot used as overflow parking for the races. This lot is already set aside for the event, and its huge. Plus its walking distance to the event, and theres already a shuttle for lazy people. Buyers and sellers could just show up early and head over to the event around 10ish for the show, with out having to deal with the hassle of relocating.

High Speed Industries

I also posted this on Pwc today. A member in there said I should talk to the chamber of commerce and see what they think. It's possible they could help us pick a place and maybe organize a permit if needed. I'd hate for the cops to kick us out of the place that we choose.

SUPERJET-113

GASKETS FOR CHAMP BRAP!
Site Supporter

That lot is where they hold a humongous swap meet every Sunday in the winter time. It would be perfect, but like said I dont know if the cops would kick you out. I kind of doubt it, its just a bunch of peeps meeting up for a couple hours.

Gangs of harley riders, etc all meet up there and hang out sometimes. Im sure they have no permit. They all just show up and talk and look at each others bikes.

I don't see any problems with the time, eveyone agrees so far on Sat and Sun between 8-10 Am. So we just need to pick of the two lots. I've never been so, we need input on which one is better...

CD155MX

Squirrel!!!
I'd be down for this. I could bring some odds and ends and the SXR in my sig.

I'll bring a pocket full of cash too just in case I find some stuff I cant live without.

High Speed Industries

34.475648,-114.349667 Gets my vote as far as the location goes. It seems big and empty plus it's really close to crazy horse. Now we need to figure out a time. I think it would need to be on the pro weekend because that is when every one is down there. The big question is do we meet up before or after the days events? On both days the events start at 8am. Saturday they end at pretty much dusk and Sunday they end at 4:30 but then you have to worry about awards.
It sounds like early morning would work the best. Maybe do it both Saturday and Sunday so everyone has a chance to sell their stuff. Maybe meet at like 6-8am or 7-9am. It can't be too late because I know a handful of people on here are racing the Vintage 550 class on Saturday and the Vintage X2 class on Sunday. I don't think you should be late to the races.
So what would work best? 6-8am or 7-9am.
Just figured we could get the ball rolling on this and maybe I'll even create a facebook event. The more people the better.

34.475648,-114.349667 Gets my vote as far as the location goes. It seems big and empty plus it's really close to crazy horse. Now we need to figure out a time. I think it would need to be on the pro weekend because that is when every one is down there. The big question is do we meet up before or after the days events? On both days the events start at 8am. Saturday they end at pretty much dusk and Sunday they end at 4:30 but then you have to worry about awards.
It sounds like early morning would work the best. Maybe do it both Saturday and Sunday so everyone has a chance to sell their stuff. Maybe meet at like 6-8am or 7-9am. It can't be too late because I know a handful of people on here are racing the Vintage 550 class on Saturday and the Vintage X2 class on Sunday. I don't think you should be late to the races.
So what would work best? 6-8am or 7-9am.
Just figured we could get the ball rolling on this and maybe I'll even create a facebook event. The more people the better.
Rdrtoy....I don't see any businesses in that lot that would have a problem with a few guys in a parking lot early in the Am. Let it be it. Make it 6-10 Am Sat and Sun. Most people might leave earlier, cool. Sounds like a plan? Ihop parking lot dead center, Sat and Sun, 6-10 Am. Please Edit your first post with this info and give us any other links with this. Thanks

Top Bottom