Super Jet Worx intake grate differences

I have a 2012 superjet and looking to buy an intake grate for it. What is the difference between the worx wr228 and a worx wr201? Would the 201 work fine on my ski? Is the 228 that much different for a $50 price markup.

Let me know id like to buy one soon

I have a 2012 superjet and looking to buy an intake grate for it. What is the difference between the worx wr228 and a worx wr201? Would the 201 work fine on my ski? Is the 228 that much different for a $50 price markup.

Let me know id like to buy one soon
the work 201 grate is designed for the pre 2008 models. 08-13 models yamaha relocated the pump and the intake grates are different. The 228 grate is designed for your ski. The other one might bolt up but im not sure

I have compared the 04 intake grate and my 12 intake grate and bolt holes are excactly the same. Im just trying to figure out why the increase in price if it really makes a difference

there are design differences, but any old superjet grate bolts right up to the 2008 and newer hull. i bought an 08 that had no grate and stuffed an old jetpro grate on there. when i sold it, i put a stock plastic 4 bar grate on there. no mods necessary.

I bought both 201 and 228 intake grades for my 2010 SJ for the same reason, I wanted to see whats the difference. There was no difference in my opinion. In theory 201 is supposed to be more aggressive than 228. They are slightly different in shape. Go with 228 as its made for post 08 SJets.

Top Bottom