Would like to get your opinions on this...

Because I can't afford a b-pipe right now, I'm thinking of running an extended cone Kawi 650 exhaust on my 701 motor (similar to the one in the pic). My tail cone will actually be a few inches longer than stock.

Has anyone here tried this? What do you think some of the pros/cons would be?

Thanx-

Attachments

• pipe.jpg
    pipe.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 50
R

ridethelip

A pipe that is a more affordable makes great power and is very durable is the Pro-Tec pipe.If weight is a concern, keep saving your money for the FP.

A pipe that is a more affordable makes great power and is very durable is the Pro-Tec pipe.If weight is a concern, keep saving your money for the FP.

I actually have a Pro-Tec pipe that I used on a 650 motor. I've heard I can get more bottom end going this direction.

I plan on using a pipe that I got from Gorilla and I had it on my 750 motor in an X2. It was dried out and I had a jet in the stinger line.

PLD- How did you do the head pipe? Got any pics of what you had to do?

R

ridethelip

I actually have a Pro-Tec pipe that I used on a 650 motor. I've heard I can get more bottom end going this direction.

I plan on using a pipe that I got from Gorilla and I had it on my 750 motor in an X2. It was dried out and I had a jet in the stinger line.

PLD- How did you do the head pipe? Got any pics of what you had to do?
I could'nt tell ya.I did take a pro-tec pipe that was for a 650 yamaha and laid the 701 exhaust gasket over the 650 pro-tec exhaust manifold and used a sharpie to mark the area that needed to be grinded off to match the 701 exhaust port. Still using that pipe. If the bolt holes or water jacket area don't match then that rules out that option. Good luck

Top Bottom