Votes: 6 31.6%
  • No

Votes: 13 68.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ger87410

How did I get here?
Seadoo XP for a Kawasaki 650sx?

I have before me the opportunity to trade my 1992 XP for a 1990 650sx. Please keep in mind that couches here are worth much more then they are on the coast cuz EVERYONE is bloody lazy. The XP has westcoast exhaust, ride plate, and intake grate. The 650 looks completely stock.

They wanna trade a 650 for my couch. Both skis run excellent.

Would you guys make the trade?

EDIT: We keep the XP for our friends to ride. It gets ridden about once or twice a year.

Last edited:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Only way I'd do it: I don't ride the XP enough to justify keeping it and I can get more money selling the 650 than selling the XP.

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
Kaw 650's and 88-92 seadoo's are all dirt cheap here ($500-1000) At least the SD is user friendly/ can carry gear/ makes a good rescue tow ski. The 650 doesn't have a lot going for it in comparison.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
I vote no. Only worth a trade if you get cash with it, and a fair amount. Couches are worth more than stand ups. The 650sx is the cheapest of the stand ups (except the 440/550 of course). The XP is a larger motor. You have performance parts, they do not. It's a bad trade.

Trade + cash, trade for a SN, or sell it and buy what you want. A stock 650sx is worth max 1000 (in pristine condition). A Clean XP with parts would probably fetch $1500. Correct me if I'm wrong.

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
I vote no. Only worth a trade if you get cash with it, and a fair amount. Couches are worth more than stand ups. The 650sx is the cheapest of the stand ups (except the 440/550 of course). The XP is a larger motor. You have performance parts, they do not. It's a bad trade.

Trade + cash, trade for a SN, or sell it and buy what you want. A stock 650sx is worth max 1000 (in pristine condition). A Clean XP with parts would probably fetch $1500. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Agreed.... losing trade on your end...

Don 79 TA

Still Fat....
hmmmmm
i guess it comes down to how you value the SD versus another stand up
each has its advantage
really think about it
you may use it twice, but at least anyone one (or two) can ride it
the stand up, little more unique
i like both machines too, each has a purpose
make sure your needs are met

Top Bottom