Would you pay 2700?

I am having fx-1 woes and stumbled across an rn that is out of state. I am going on a fishing trip though and could pick it up so it's no big deal. First off it is a 1998 and has some blue pipe on it that I cant identify. It has an msd water injection that I know nothing about. It has a prop that I cant identify, a protec intake grate and ride plate. A air filter and a bilge. It also has a weird looking foot holds and hand holds in the hood. I attached some pics, it is really dirty and the guy knows little about it.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 132
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 89
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 117
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 79
It is not very clean from the pics, he said it has been sitting in his garage for 2 years. I want a b-pipe for the low end, what is the pipe on it worth? Is the water injection something I could keep or just sell? What is the point of it? I have seen alot of skis and worked on a few, but never seen that pipe and have no msd experience. I thought the pipe was a riva dry pipe but am not sure. I may have a guy to buy my fx1 tomorrow and if so I want to maybe get this one!!!

jeepmark4x4

Backflip, weeee
eh, that pipe is not too fancy...will62085 just picked one up for 280 bucks....if it runs great with good compression id talk him down to 2500 and it would be a great deal!

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
eh, that pipe is not too fancy...will62085 just picked one up for 280 bucks....if it runs great with good compression id talk him down to 2500 and it would be a great deal!

I agree completely.

It's in rough shape and it was amateur hour with the foot and hand holds.

If it is in southern Indiana I know a guy that will take it (more than likely) He is looking for a ski to toy around on for under 3K and this has about what a statrer ski needs

Well I got this ski for 2200. The original owner had shipped it off to R&D and put roughly 5k into it. Maybe so, maybe not. But I got the ski for 2200, and got a box with a protec head, protec cdi thingy, R&D dual intake manifold and two protec intake grates. The ski sounds great, just needs paint and new turf w/footholds. I think I will tear into it this winter and sell the water injection and dry pipe, install a b-pipe with a head and some different air intakes.

Anyone know anything about this cdi with a protec sticker on it?

How about this shiny intake manifold that says r&d?

I also wonder why these are not installed, for instance the protec head, I would think it would give a compression bump, seems weird it is all off the ski.

Only thing that sucks about the ski is I think it is setup for top end, and I want bottom. We will see when I ride it tomorrow!!!

Top Bottom