Wreckless Operation Ticket

hangtime

Speak up ,don't kiss azz
I would go fight it also. Where does it say on the craft that you can't do subs or ride on the hood. If their isn't a sticker or a warning for it then it isn't illegal... That is what the Illinois DNR told my buddy for riding 4 people on his seadoo XP... He did get pulled over but they couldn't find a warning stating that you can't ride someone on the hood. So he let him go.

Thats one of the most ridiculous comments I've ever read ,ignorance of the law is no excuse .Riding on the hood is considered reckless in most states since your supposed to ride in the tray .

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
In the end, it's the officer's word against your's, and it depends on how the judge is feeling that day.

I got ticketed for reckless operation several years ago, for riding too close to shore at the end of a park. I was at closest maybe 50ft from shore. The officers were complete a-holes, didn't care that there boat was trashing my ski bumping against it in the chop and it almost sank. (I offered to ride it over to the ramp 300 ft away, one guy turned around and said "if we wanted you to do that, we would have TOLD you to do that")

Go to court, the judge will probably think it's a frivolous ticket and lower the cost or drop it altogether. Don't wear a t-shirt, but don't dress up either. Most prosecutors/judges have a clue and just want to work through their cases quickly.

BTW, out of the 3 tickets I've had jetskiing (2 in Hawaii, one here) I've had 1 dropped altogether, one dropped from $200 to $50, another dismissed after attending a safe boating class (where I could have taught it being ex-Navy).

Last edited:

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
IM the guy that sees the guy like you coming thru traffic behind me, and totally fawks with them...

then after you tailgate, flashlights, and throw your arms up in the air to me, I let you pass me at about 90 mph right in front a cop.

it works every time.

Whereas everywhere I go, I am in a race with everyone.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Yea Im going to the DA office to talk to them and if they can't do anything I will fight it in court.I have vever had a problem with the cops before,just caught the wrong a hole on the wrong day.

(They told me I had to ride my ski just as I would drive a 30 ft boat):lmao:

Had the same thing happen to me in 2003. I was the only person on the lake. The judge did not care. I was asked if I had a permit, EMT's lined up, etc etc....... Even went into the fact that I was riding close to the boat landing, stating that from 100 yds away there was a certain speed limit, from so many yards from the no wake bouy there was "X" speed limit. yada yada..... I had pled not guilty, fought it, paid $428.00. The next summer a friend got a R.O. ticket for running bouys around 2 no wake zone bouys. He went to court, pled Guilty paid the exact same amount that I did. That pissed me off more that I pled not guilty and he pled guilty and we paid the same amount.

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
IM the guy that sees the guy like you coming thru traffic behind me, and totally fawks with them...

then after you tailgate, flashlights, and throw your arms up in the air to me, I let you pass me at about 90 mph right in front a cop.

it works every time.

I'm the guy that goes to your house when you're at work and grills his food for the week so when you go to use your grill, you're A.) low on gas and B.) have a bunch of leftover grilled food remnants you have to brush off.

You never knew what hit you. Muhahahahahah!

The Penguin

triple secret probation
I'm the guy that goes to your house when you're at work and grills his food for the week so when you go to use your grill, you're A.) low on gas and B.) have a bunch of leftover grilled food remnants you have to brush off.

dammit - you're the one that did that to me?

I shoulda known.

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
You had the wrong house, at my house there is no gas grill, only propane im using is for the turkey fryer/fish fryer...

ger87410

How did I get here?
I would go fight it also. Where does it say on the craft that you can't do subs or ride on the hood. If their isn't a sticker or a warning for it then it isn't illegal... That is what the Illinois DNR told my buddy for riding 4 people on his seadoo XP... He did get pulled over but they couldn't find a warning stating that you can't ride someone on the hood. So he let him go.

Wouldn't riding on the hood be like riding on the bow?

I seen someone get in trouble for riding on the bow on that 'beach patrol' show.

I think it's cuz if the person falls off, the boat's almost guaranteed to run them over.

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter

it works every time.

thats fine, but if you are not passing

GET THE HELL OUT OF THE PASSING LANE!!!!!!

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
I HATE slow leftlaners.

X2!!!!!!

if you are going faster than the right lane, its all good cause you are passing.

Idiots running parallel to a truck at 5 mph under the speed limit in the passing lane CAUSE road rage!!!

Top Bottom