dirkdiggler

Vendor Account
WSM parts BLOW

I know where brand new OEM can be gotten for $30 each
or
I have a set of 4 nice used ones for $55

WRX Dave

Freestyle poser
Went with new OEMs from Greater Yamaha and I'm returning these. If I really need spares I have some used ones with just over one season on them.

What's annoying is the website says "Yamaha replacement motor mounts" and has no mention of WSM anywhere.

WRX Dave

Freestyle poser
It got them from atlantic jet sports. I've had good experiences with them in the past, but they really need to say on their website what brand of mounts they're selling. They're OEM price, so I was surprised when I opened the package to find WSM units.

I'm returning them, but I'm out about 30 bucks between 2-way shipping and likely a restocking fee. Plus the extra downtime on the ski. Not the end of the world, but still a pain.

FlightPlanDan

Don'tTrustAfartAfter50
I use Wamiltons which I think are just Yamaha couch mounts.
I currently have Wamiltons as well. I was going thru at least 4 mounts per season (oem & 2 sj's). Wamiltons are a few bucks more than stockers, and it looks like they may have just sprayed some green epoxy paint on stockers, but they have lasted 3 seasons so far. That's pretty good. But not inexpensive.
Now that I've said that.....I'm sure I'll break one.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
It got them from atlantic jet sports. I've had good experiences with them in the past, but they really need to say on their website what brand of mounts they're selling. They're OEM price, so I was surprised when I opened the package to find WSM units.

I'm returning them, but I'm out about 30 bucks between 2-way shipping and likely a restocking fee. Plus the extra downtime on the ski. Not the end of the world, but still a pain.

i had the same thing happen to me... when you said the webpage was misleading i immediately though AJS. I have ordered a bunch of stuff from them over the years and never really had any problems, but this ticked me off too. Especially since i can get wsm stuff locally here from their warehouse cheap. It sucks that it seems like they are selling oem mounts until wsm ones show up.

I have been running them all season, and haven't broken one yet. I'm sure they will break first ride out next season though. They don't like big surf landings at all and vibrate like hell.

WRX Dave

Freestyle poser
i had the same thing happen to me... when you said the webpage was misleading i immediately though AJS. I have ordered a bunch of stuff from them over the years and never really had any problems, but this ticked me off too. Especially since i can get wsm stuff locally here from their warehouse cheap. It sucks that it seems like they are selling oem mounts until wsm ones show up.

I have been running them all season, and haven't broken one yet. I'm sure they will break first ride out next season though. They don't like big surf landings at all and vibrate like hell.
Yeah, I wasn't happy when I opened the box, but they're on the way back and my OEM mounts from Greater Yamaha came in earlier this week. Lesson learned, unless they specifically say OEM, assume they're not.

Top Bottom