WSM or Wiseco? and 6m6 carb jetting on 61x

My 6m6 is toast, so I bought a 61x and will be using my 6m6 carb with it. I found these specs on another thread to use for stock 61x with 6m6 carb.
"Starting point for jetting single 44mm-61X
130 H -1 turn out
117.5 or 120 low -2 turns out
1.5 stock needle valve
95 gram spring"

My set up will be as follows: 83mm pistons, machine shop told me my exhaust has been ported previously, aftermarket flame arrester, lightened flywheel by #.o, and an ebox rebuild with the correct rev limiter and possibly a MSD enhancer. Any suggestions on jetting? I'm glad I have these as a guideline and I'm sure I can figure out the jets, I've messed with plenty before, but my main concern is the spring, I've never changed one, don't know the concept of it. So help with the spring would be very much appreciated.

Next order of business will be choosing a piston kit. Is buying WSM a case of getting what you pay for? Its about $100 cheaper than the Wiseco kit and comes with bearings which Wiseco doesn't. Does anyone have experience with WSM? Heres the links to the two differnt kits. Thanks in advance

http://atlanticjetsports.com/wiseco-.htm

http://atlanticjetsports.com/wsm_piston_kits_-_yamaha.htm

#ZERO

Beach Bum
WSM, SBT, ART, Vertex, Pro-X, and Suduco pistons are all pretty much the same casting and some even have a special coating for extra wear resistance.

The WSM pistons can be ordered without the coating in the original style and with the special coating on their platinum series pistons.

I'd increase the needle & seat size to 2.0 or 2.3 on a single carb setup and use reverse jetting IMO.

WSM, SBT, ART, Vertex, Pro-X, and Suduco pistons are all pretty much the same casting and some even have a special coating for extra wear resistance.

The WSM pistons can be ordered without the coating in the original style and with the special coating on their platinum series pistons.

I'd increase the needle & seat size to 2.0 or 2.3 on a single carb setup and use reverse jetting IMO.

Machine shop told me the wrong numbers, it is on its last bore which will be 84mm and 753cc. Think this will still work? I also have to get Wiseco unfortunately, they're the only ones who make that size, thanks for the piston help anyway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom