Octane wtb - fuel tank pick up boot

Boot is ripped on the pickup at the top of the fuel tank on the octane I just picked up. Figured this would be best here. If anybody has one shoot me a pm! Tx!

You may want to just replace it with one from a Superjet. Not sure what the cost of the polaris part will be, but i'm sure you can find a good used superjet one drastically cheaper

They are still available from Polaris, but big $$. Just put a Superjet fuel pick-up in there, but you will have to add an extra tube for the fuel tank vent.

Randy

i had similar issue.made a great repair and it blew out again..heres what i learnt

there is a line that goes to the carb, one that goes to a short hose with a vacuum valve and one hose that runs behind the tank towards the nose..this has a relief valve..mine was installed backwards in effect keeping pressure in tank and blowing apart trhe rubber seal at the fuel pick up.

a quick way to check is to remove that line and blow into it..should let pressure through beyond 5psi..youll hear it venting out of the grommet behind handle pole.

if not drain/remove thank, reach inside, remove hose and turn valve around so arrow points out of hose not into...guess mine was a friday afternoon build lol

and small vac valve should allow you to blow air into fuel tank.

if one, the other or both arent working fix that first..means the rubber is blowing out from too much pressure in fuel tank.

as for cheap repair...since polaris canada wont sell just the rubber bushing but instead the complete sending unit for a 350$ fee...ridiculous.

i found 1'x1' 1/4" thick rubber tile used for soundproofing.. measure length form top of tank to top of sending unit when in place.
cut strip out of tile to proper width.
1 strip will wrap just under 2 full wraps of old rubber seal.

then need 3 x 2" hose clamps.. place 1st hose on top end and cinch, then do same at bottom and finally in the middle to offer support.

this repair has lasted me 3 full tank so far without problem and came to a total of 11.47$ instead of 350$

hope this helps

my bad..i ment place hose clamp on top end of repair then bottom then middle in effect creating a rubber cylinder which cinches around the existing broken seal and held strong with 3 hose clamps...sure..its ghetto..but its hidden under the hood, cost me nothing,relatively, and works flawlessly.

hugh jair or anyone the hose that went to the carb (the vent clear plastic tube) where on the carb. mine is lying on the hull floor ???????

sorry back out of town with work, one hose feeds the carbs, the other comes back from the carbs as a"return" and the hose which has a "T" in it and white plastic vac valve attached to it is the one that goes in front and above the thank to the one way valve...if your inlet was on floor..youd get no fuel and not start, if the return was on floor youd get tons of fuel in the hull..since you didnt mention either im guessing your breather/vac line is loose from ahead of the tank..sorry i dont have a diagram to post but hope that helps in conjunction with my previous description

Thanks, but im talking about the two breathers that come out in front of the ski pole. ( black rubber breathers that you can see when the pole is up.) one goes to the fuel tank but what is the second one for ???? any help with this would be great thank you

Top Bottom