WTB Waveblaster hood seal OEM

Dustin Mustangs

uʍop ǝpıs dn
Have you tried the jss one? I am still on my first season with it but man does it make closing the hood easier and it was only $15! No more oem's for me, I'm sold on this cheapy...

My seal on one of my Blasters was folded over. When I closed the hood it would lay on the seal rather than sit in it.

To fix this I took some small rope (4mm) and laid it in the seal. Starting and stopping ends where back by the latch.

I would close the hood, just not latch it, let its own weight hold it down, and then pull on one end of the rope, 90*s to the body, working my way forward, around the front, and back again to by the latch. When done, the hood was sitting in the seal,not on it. The hood sat down in the gap. I then latched the hood, left it sit like this out in the sun all day, and then let it "cool down" at night.

Took a couple of times, but it did "retake" its original shape, and now it close just fine.

Got this idea one day when I was installing a rear window in a pickup.

Have you tried the jss one? I am still on my first season with it but man does it make closing the hood easier and it was only $15! No more oem's for me, I'm sold on this cheapy...

I like JSS stuff , however it still is not made SPECIFICALLY for the b1 , If it satisfies your needs then use it ,im sure it will work fine and is cheap to replace , I could also use a lesser hand grip $8 vs $30 but i like the ODI locking type .. you have to stay within budget sometimes I understand but there is still nothing like that oem seal or buying a QUALITY part specifically for a certain fit rather than ''universal fit'' so to answer Q no I have not used Johns seal

Dustin Mustangs

uʍop ǝpıs dn
Well, I did buy it because of the price but that is not the only reason I recommend it. I have always been a little annoyed at the finagling required to get a b1 hood to mate up properly with the groove in the hood seal. Some take a special wiggling and some will not sit in the groove no matter what you do. Granted, I have never had the privilege of starting with a fresh oem seal, but this cheapy formed a clearly defined groove and it falls right into every time. I have yet to see how it will hold up to inverted landings and the test of time but my initial opinion is pretty positive.

DCRocks

Wavejunkies
I got the JSS seal for my B1.

Great price, but be warned, it does not keep out the water as well as the OEM version does

Great for the price, and has held up very well for 2 seasons now, so as long as your B1 is able to handle a little extra water, the JSS seal may be the way to go for you, otherwise, bite the bullet and get the OEM

Big Kahuna

Administrator
OEM contact John Highfield at Greater Yamaha.

The JSS is ok if all you do is ride. If your jumping, trying nose stabs, rolls. Forget it, it allows the hood to slide side to side. My 24/7 hood hooks are worn (you can see where it was rounding off the edges, taking away material) out because of them now. Plus they do not keep water out very well.

Personally, spend the money.

old thread i know, but i just want you guys to know i got Marine grade weather stripping from Lowes. Like 10bux and works as good if not better. My hood seals tight and never has leaked water.

SoCal_WaveBlaster

back from the dead
My seal on one of my Blasters was folded over. When I closed the hood it would lay on the seal rather than sit in it.

To fix this I took some small rope (4mm) and laid it in the seal. Starting and stopping ends where back by the latch.

I would close the hood, just not latch it, let its own weight hold it down, and then pull on one end of the rope, 90*s to the body, working my way forward, around the front, and back again to by the latch. When done, the hood was sitting in the seal,not on it. The hood sat down in the gap. I then latched the hood, left it sit like this out in the sun all day, and then let it "cool down" at night.

Took a couple of times, but it did "retake" its original shape, and now it close just fine.

Got this idea one day when I was installing a rear window in a pickup.

more info please...like how the hell did you get a rope fed all the way around?

Top Bottom