WTF is with this?

So, I dropped the ski in the other day off the ramp onto a rock. I went to check it out. (first pic)

Then I look up and I see a piece of the hull that is protruding! (2nd & 3rd pic)

It is where the aft outboard battery bracket bolt is screwed in on the inside. It looks as though it was over torqued or something. WTF!!!

I ski is brand new, less than 20hrs.

I figure I can fix the the damage in the first pic cuz its and external chip (1st pic) but, what do I do about the other (2,3pics) There has got to be some loss of structural integrity since it is puncturing damn near out the hull.

Will the dealership do something if anything? Has anyone ever seen that before?

Any suggestions for repair of either?

Advice???

Attachments

• 2 (5).jpg
    2 (5).jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 189
  • 2 (6).jpg
    2 (6).jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 235
  • Damage.jpg
    Damage.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 258
Sorry about the crummy pics,...........I cant see the damage in the hull because the the bracket to the battery is there and the bolt is what is behind the damage.

It is actually pressing out, which is how it cracked the paint.

Superjet3

Waterlogged
Yeah don't touch any thing and bring it back. Also tell them you want to be there when they remove the bolt. That way they dont try to BS you.

Shifty

- SuperJet Thursday -
I installed my rear motor mounts with the rideplate bolts once. They are about a 1/4" longer than the ones that should be there. I was worried they would push through the hull like your suggesting.

I installed my rear motor mounts with the rideplate bolts once. They are about a 1/4" longer than the ones that should be there. I was worried they would push through the hull like your suggesting.

It first glance I thought it was one of the motor mount bolts....that would make sense. It is clearly coming from the battery mounth though.

Im taking it back to the stealership today. Im going to fix the other damage myself, I'd rather keep their work to a minimum.

I swear these issues with kawi are making wish I had gone with a yamaha.

These retards forgot to put one of the washers on one of the battery bracket bolts. The goons have had my ski for damn near three weeks and have yet to get it fixed.

It took a week and a half for Kawi to respond to the dealership. After that they asked me to get a quote on the repair and they would reimburse me. I told him "F that" I was going to fix it myself. The dealership said they would call their local place and get it fixed. That was last week.

If they dont have it by this weekend Im going and picking the thing up and fixing it myself.

Does anybody have any pics of what they have done with the battery bracket? Ive read that some people just remove it and secure it to the hull......is that legit?

All this while they have had my other identical ski there because they bent the handl pole locking pin and damaged the glass on the bottom of the pole before it even rolled out of the showroom. (that is finally fixed after two weeks)

Last edited:

accbr

addicted
Get a quote for the repair from the most expensive place you can find, and have them reimburse you for that amount. Then fix it yourself.

Get a quote for the repair from the most expensive place you can find, and have them reimburse you for that amount. Then fix it yourself.

Well, I think they want a quote just to make sure Im not trying to get the whole bottom resurfaced and then reimburse me when provided with a receipt.

If not ............that would be a great way for me to fund some mods!!!

Indyxc

Worst Freestyler Ever!
I would have a place fix it, or tell the dealer you want a new ski.

Marine Tex will be an OK fix, but a quality epoxy like West Systems, then followed by paint would be best.

Top Bottom