WTF is with this?

Yeah you really should be patient and not jump the gun on this one. If Kawi is willing to cover the repair then have it done professionally. I know the Kawi factory boys here in Ontario and they're stand-up guys. They will make sure all is well with the customer, you just need to give them the benefit here. What you could do though is try and locate another dealer closer by and tell Kawi the place you bought it from is being a PITA and taking forever, you want another dealer to take care of it, I'm sure they'll understand and be behind you on it.

Quick add on: the new ski idea is nice if it were to be an option, but IMO if this can happen again, that suggests that this location for a bolt is problematic. The repair guys will see what is needed to correct it and make sure it can never happen again. A new ski will still have the potential for it happening again and you'll be back to square one but possibly after the warranty runs out. Then the bill is all yours to cover.

Last edited:
Yeah you really should be patient and not jump the gun on this one. If Kawi is willing to cover the repair then have it done professionally. I know the Kawi factory boys here in Ontario and they're stand-up guys. They will make sure all is well with the customer, you just need to give them the benefit here. What you could do though is try and locate another dealer closer by and tell Kawi the place you bought it from is being a PITA and taking forever, you want another dealer to take care of it, I'm sure they'll understand and be behind you on it.

Quick add on: the new ski idea is nice if it were to be an option, but IMO if this can happen again, that suggests that this location for a bolt is problematic. The repair guys will see what is needed to correct it and make sure it can never happen again. A new ski will still have the potential for it happening again and you'll be back to square one but possibly after the warranty runs out. Then the bill is all yours to cover.

Okay, so these guys are dicking me around. The dealership went and got an estimate of the damage and now they say that they have been waiting relpy from Kawi to authorize them to fix it.

C'mon it was clearly the Manufacturer's fault........If they dont get it fixed this week Im going to pick the damn thing up myself and fix it myself. I just hate to do that when it should be there problem.

All of this and I just recieved kawis feedback form on how their service and product has been.

Is there any course of action...like a complaint i can file with Kawi?

The stupid season is damn near over.......I just wanna ride. I have to pretty much wear my wet suit now.

Last edited:

cmeripper26

Ripper26
I would call the district Kawi rep. and tell him or her and let them deal with the dealership. That repair don't look to bad if you have to do it on your own. Especially if the glass isnt damaged badly.

I would call the district Kawi rep. and tell him or her and let them deal with the dealership. That repair don't look to bad if you have to do it on your own. Especially if the glass isnt damaged badly.

The glass is protruding a bit so it is a little....but a minor fix. They forgot to intall the lock washer with the bolt and that part of the hull is pretty thick. I can fix it.

Anybody know a good way of getting in touch with a rep?

get the dealer to replace the hull. i worked at a dealer ship for years. i have a had hulls replaced for damage like that. get the # for customer service and call kawasaki and complain. let them know you do not want this ski repaired. the dealer can make this happen for you so dont bust there balls to bad yet. see if they are willing to work with ya. the dealer should of never touched that bolt to prep the ski. all they have to do is install the batt. not the tray.

Last edited:
get the dealer to replace the hull. i worked at a dealer ship for years. i have a had hulls replaced for damage like that. get the # for customer service and call kawasaki and complain. let them know you do not want this ski repaired. the dealer can make this happen for you so dont bust there balls to bad yet. see if they are willing to work with ya. the dealer should of never touched that bolt to prep the ski. all they have to do is install the batt. not the tray.

The dealer never touched the bracket or the bolt originally. They unscrewed the bolt to find that it was missing the washer. It came to dealership missing the washer.

thats good . factory defect. have them replace the hull. you payed for a new ski. not to have a ski that has a repaired hull. customer service # should be in the front or back of your owners manual.(i think ) your dealer will also have the #.

Top Bottom