Wtf? Xscream pole

bondra131

Thaat's braptaastic!
Obviously I can and will talk with xscream about this but maybe someone can riddle this bs for me right now before they open tomorrow. I just got my new pole today and go to install a Blowsion steering system on it but it doesn't fit. Turn plate's front edge hits the chin pad mount rod. Are you kiddin me? Just wow... So what steering ARE you supposed to use?

they are only made for their steering... but it is really easy to get other steering brands to fit. either grind the front of your plate or a flat spot in the front of that steering stop.

bondra131

Thaat's braptaastic!
I mean literally, if the billet slides on these poles were made a lousy 1/8" longer from steering stop to the end and the steering hole was that much further back, ANYONES turn plate would fit. Omfg... I gotta grind nice brand new anodiZed billet? Make it look like poop...

Wowwww I didn't even know they made a steering? Why wouldn't they include it in the package/tell you that you need their steering?! Yea I see I can grind poop but damn that's hag as f and I would grind the chin pad mount rod "steering bumper" before I ground my turn plate. This is what you get for all that money lol... Only in jet skis dude. No sport ever have I had issues nonstop. It's not like this is even mod to stock retro fit. It's ALL a/m. People who aren't rerarded need to start making jet ski parts

WDK steering fit right on too.

Having to modify to get unlike A/M parts to work together isn't exclusive to jet skis. If you wanted to use Blowsion steering, you should have ordered a blowsion pole to match! These aren't AR-15's... :)

bondra131

Thaat's braptaastic!
Yea I wasn't even aware there were as many brands in steering as there are but no matter how many there Are, I was under the impression that they are all the same. Stock based. Aftermarket steering Fits stock poles so fit all poles right? Yea not so much. I already ground it out to fit but now it's just another hassle and the steering stop turns as the bolt going into it tightens so I can never line up my grinder groove with the turn plate lol. Just nonsense. This could be made to work from xscream. Or they could inform you of this... you know it's an upsell for them to recommend their steering anyways. I woulda bought it. shonet it's cheaper than blowsions anyways lol

WDK steering fit right on too.

Having to modify to get unlike A/M parts to work together isn't exclusive to jet skis. If you wanted to use Blowsion steering, you should have ordered a blowsion pole to match! These aren't AR-15's... :)

Yea I wasn't even aware there were as many brands in steering as there are but no matter how many there Are, I was under the impression that they are all the same. Stock based. Aftermarket steering Fits stock poles so fit all poles right? Yea not so much. I already ground it out to fit but now it's just another hassle and the steering stop turns as the bolt going into it tightens so I can never line up my grinder groove with the turn plate lol. Just nonsense. This could be made to work from xscream. Or they could inform you of this... you know it's an upsell for them to recommend their steering anyways. I woulda bought it. shonet it's cheaper than blowsions anyways lol

I have the Xmetal steering and IMO the Blowsion is nicer. It's cheaper for a reason.

bondra131

Thaat's braptaastic!
Well I'm glad I went with Blowsion steering then. Yea x's steering didnt look like to me like a sealed bearing system... And I love the Blowsion collar lock nut on top. I'm really questioning this chin pad set up... I mean one friggin center bolt is all that holds the pad on? That's a pivot
Point... And this Waterdawg chin pad sure isn't going to work. Gotta get an x pad now. I bought just the pole. I'm using blowsions drop mount bracket

I have the Xmetal steering and IMO the Blowsion is nicer. It's cheaper for a reason.

bondra131

Thaat's braptaastic!
Could return Blowsion steering and pay a bunch to do that and pay more to order an x steering kit that isn't as good... Nah f it I grinder the steering stop rod to just clear the this turn plate by 1/16"

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Well I'm glad I went with Blowsion steering then. Yea x's steering didnt look like to me like a sealed bearing system... And I love the Blowsion collar lock nut on top. I'm really questioning this chin pad set up... I mean one friggin center bolt is all that holds the pad on? That's a pivot
Point... And this Waterdawg chin pad sure isn't going to work. Gotta get an x pad now. I bought just the pole. I'm using blowsions drop mount bracket
There is an aluminum finger that slides into the pole and 1 screw that goes down into the steering stop/support. I have been running this for 2 years and I still do hood tricks, not had any issues with the chin pad coming loose.

To run cold fusion I have to modify the adjustable part. To use most sealed bearings you have to modify the stop. It does change the limits and the cable needs to be adjusted perfect so you don't have any binding or bending issues.

Top Bottom