Wtf? Xscream pole

bondra131

Thaat's braptaastic!
Yea i gathered how it mounts and just ordered the xscream pad today. I'm sure it works fine just seemed odd one center bolt only. Pad never swivels off to one side on you? Seems like it could especially when diving under water from high in the air. That water force is powerful. Always rips the visor off of a new helmet when I buy one lmao

There is an aluminum finger that slides into the pole and 1 screw that goes down into the steering stop/support. I have been running this for 2 years and I still do hood tricks, not had any issues with the chin pad coming loose.

bondra131

Thaat's braptaastic!
Yes more so when adding a mod to stock though... But when someone makes nice machined adtermarket items, you think they would make them work with all the parts out there lol as simple as it would be to make that steering stop from hitting any turn plate no matter which plate you choose, they don't do that though... I thought they were better than that lol ;)

modifications to brand new parts are a way of life in this sport.

cookn

Kamikaze
lol yea I understand where you are coming from but it doesn't make any sense for x scream to put profit in other manufactures pockets does it, as much as we would like everything to work together. Not to mention x scream probably never had a blowsion steering system when they made the pole. No guts, no glory when it comes to grinding fancy stuff lol. If you have a machinist friend he could mill your clearance and it doesn't look as haggard garage as grinding it all up.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Yea i gathered how it mounts and just ordered the xscream pad today. I'm sure it works fine just seemed odd one center bolt only. Pad never swivels off to one side on you? Seems like it could especially when diving under water from high in the air. That water force is powerful. Always rips the visor off of a new helmet when I buy one lmao
The pad resting on the pole where the finger slides in is what supports it. So simple it is stupid. I thought the design was weird until I got mine.

bondra131

Thaat's braptaastic!
Yea I get that it makes them sell more of their steering but why didn't they upsell then? They could have told me when I placed the phone order that their steering is "required". Lol yea as haggard of a method as I used to grind it out, I did the bare minimum removal and it turned out nice. Was done by hand but it's hardly noticeable. Good enough :)

lol yea I understand where you are coming from but it doesn't make any sense for x scream to put profit in other manufactures pockets does it, as much as we would like everything to work together. Not to mention x scream probably never had a blowsion steering system when they made the pole. No guts, no glory when it comes to grinding fancy stuff lol. If you have a machinist friend he could mill your clearance and it doesn't look as haggard garage as grinding it all up.

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
Not without modification as well, and even more than it would take to run the Blowsion steering.

What l have done to the last three XS poles is take it to a machinist friend and he drills the hole out (on the extension) to fit the cf stem.Not to bad of a mod

Ducky

Back in the game!
custom parts have custom problems. A very wise man told me that when I first got into skis. You just gotta make them work together. If there is a will, there is a way.

Top Bottom