Super Jet X-metal steering system on 2010 SJ pole issue..

Any suggestions what I need to change to make it work? It turns to the ride fine, but left turn is not better than with the stock steering system which is horrible. I am able to put the steering cable only on the inner hole, it does not fit on the other two. The brass nut that holds the chinpad is on the way also. I cut the chinpad as much as I could, but still no luck.. I trimmed the nozzle also, but no luck either :(..

Should I get pre-08 cable, nozzle or do something else to make ti work? The stock 2010 nozzle has this trim adjustment that the pre-08 dont have which might be an issue I guess.

Any help or suggestion is appreciated. I can take photos for better view...

D.

waterfreak

I had a vision!
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Hey D, if you go with the pre o8 cable, you will also need the pre o8 handlepole!

It may be time for you to get a nice RRP or x-metal pole! :)

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Any suggestions what I need to change to make it work? It turns to the ride fine, but left turn is not better than with the stock steering system which is horrible. I am able to put the steering cable only on the inner hole, it does not fit on the other two. The brass nut that holds the chinpad is on the way also. I cut the chinpad as much as I could, but still no luck.. I trimmed the nozzle also, but no luck either :(..

Should I get pre-08 cable, nozzle or do something else to make ti work? The stock 2010 nozzle has this trim adjustment that the pre-08 dont have which might be an issue I guess.

Any help or suggestion is appreciated. I can take photos for better view...

D.

Some have switched to pre-'08 cable and made their own bracket to hold cable on existing pole.

tomski

X
B pipe, beach cart and ADA head are before the pole on the list :).. Are you in for Saturday at Haulover?

You need the long throw cable way before anything else. Get the top bracket from the 96-07 pole and install on your existing pole. Simple...

I have the same problem with the Wamilton's plate. The cable bottoms out before the plate hits the stop when turning left, & I saw lots of people post leaving it like that will break the cable. I searched around the forum & the only solution, besides buying another pole, was the TS Innovations setup.
http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/68034-2008-2010-Steering-system-NEW****
I went ahead & ordered it...$165 shipped for the replacement cable & bracket. I'll let you know how it works out.

BTW, sorry I forgot to reply to your post in the 2012 SJ thread. Definately want to come down & meet up with you guys sometime...just need a little more practice & conditioning before I'm ready to hit the surf. I'm always up for Lk. Ida if you ever want to take a ride up here.

I have the same problem with the Wamilton's plate. The cable bottoms out before the plate hits the stop when turning left, & I saw lots of people post leaving it like that will break the cable. I searched around the forum & the only solution, besides buying another pole, was the TS Innovations setup.
http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/68034-2008-2010-Steering-system-NEW****
I went ahead & ordered it...$165 shipped for the replacement cable & bracket. I'll let you know how it works out.

BTW, sorry I forgot to reply to your post in the 2012 SJ thread. Definately want to come down & meet up with you guys sometime...just need a little more practice & conditioning before I'm ready to hit the surf. I'm always up for Lk. Ida if you ever want to take a ride up here.

I noticed the OEM bar on the pics, would after market straight bar fit on this plate? Let me know how it works out for you. I PM-ed the guy also. I want it delivered before Saturday. We are going to Haulover if all goes as planned.

I have a 08+ pole and im running a 96-07 cable and x-metal adjustable steering system, I also have quick steer and everything works great for now.

I noticed the OEM bar on the pics, would after market straight bar fit on this plate? Let me know how it works out for you. I PM-ed the guy also. I want it delivered before Saturday. We are going to Haulover if all goes as planned.
I'm not at all familiar with the XM plate, but according to the thread his cable setup can be used with any aftermarket plate. The $165 I paid was for the cable & adaptor ONLY(no plate).

Dmac80sc

Site Supporter
Yeah man
I have the 08 pole and an blowsion steering setup. Went with the ts inovations set up and it works great. Hopefully he had some made up cause It took a little while to get mine but works Awesome!

Top Bottom