Other X12 Lost by our good friends at...

IKSTEJ

BOGIE
Man...UPS lost a XS1200 Shortblock somewhere between Fla, n Cali ... Like MIA....... So keep your eyes out it may be on the side of the road some where lol ;(

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Watch ebay in about 6 months. I came across 3 brand new RRP poles on there a few years ago being sold off by a legit UPS reseller. They were lost, paid out and then found later.

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
I shipped Tanner's 62t bottom end via ups last week. It made it to Dasa today, with a now cracked case corner from being dropped. I packed it pretty good I thought. I guess I should've poured in some 2part foam to protect it better.... Now to figure out how to do a claim..

Good luck finding your motor!! That sucks BAD!!!! I'd go apeshiz!!

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

I was a loader for ups several years ago. Just know how many packages these guys touch and to them it's no more than a box. The heavier boxes are the ones that get trashed around the most. Without you being in a loading/unloading facility its hard to explain. The larger and heavyweight packages are not put on the sorting belts like the rest of the packages. They are removed from the semis trailer, being bear hugged by some guy till they are dropped or thrown onto a cart with trailers similar to a luggage cart at the airport. You have to remember they are several feet higher when then are unloading compared to the cart on the ground.

1. There are really no scheduled work hours for the guys, they have an assigned start time and there work is done when all the packages are loaded/unloaded depending on their position.

2. No one want to hurt their backs or themselves when lifting a heavy package. Its much easier to just drop it instead the remainder of the way instead if bending your knees or use proper lifting techniques.

3. These carts go flying around corners till them get the the destination trailer where they are again lifted then dropped again sitting outside the trailer. These are the last packages to enter the trailer and are not locked into place like all the other packages by having them slightly wedged in to create strong walls. So they are the last thing placed inti the trailer by tired workers and are likely to slide around in transit till it happens all over again at the next hub. As you know from tracking info these packages make multiple stops and go through this process 5+ times depending on how far the package travels.

All it takes is just one employee to make a bad decision and your package and its contents can be ruined. Its unfortunate but the truth. Id say if you ever had to ship something like these motors with extreme expense or value do so with extreme precautions and extra safety measures. You can't trust anyone except yourself, the packer.

Dannm this was a long message to type from a phone! Lol

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Man...UPS lost a XS1200 Shortblock somewhere between Fla, n Cali ... Like MIA....... So keep your eyes out it may be on the side of the road some where lol ;(

That really sux! We have already switched to fedex from ups. Their service seems to be better so far...

I shipped Tanner's 62t bottom end via ups last week. It made it to Dasa today, with a now cracked case corner from being dropped. I packed it pretty good I thought. I guess I should've poured in some 2part foam to protect it better.... Now to figure out how to do a claim..

Good luck finding your motor!! That sucks BAD!!!! I'd go apeshiz!!

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

Cracked lower cases near flywheel cover is the most common shipping damage that we find with motors. Always install a flywheel cover before shipping to strengthen this area and help prevent issues.

"I'd go apeshiz!!". Pun intended?

Last edited:

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
UPS trashed my cases on my SS Dasa 850 and then told me to get lost. I filed a claim. Had a UPS rep come check out my story. Made me wait a few weeks and then sent me an email that basically said "tough." I'm through with UPS as well. I've shipped two engines through FedEx and had no incidents...yet.

The best packing method I've seen is a wooden frame on bottom inside a Rubbermade tote. Place engine in a bag and seal it. Pour two part foam or great stuff all around it. A cut to fit piece of ply wood on top and seal the lid with about 50 zip ties. Time consuming for sure, but well worth your efforts. Too bad most that ship to me don't follow the same routine.

jdakrt

X
I had multiple issues with United Parcel Smashers destroying packages. Made the switch to Fedex years ago, and have been very pleased. From experience, its better that they lost it instead of damaging it. They dont payout claims. period. too many loopholes that they can get out of paying up. I had the UPS store package a set of fiero T tops once and paid for insurance. got to eat 400 when they arrived to the buyer with glass dribbling from the box.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I do not use UPS, but only because Fedex is quite a bit cheaper.Also, UPS delivers to my house at 6pm or later. Fedex usually gets there by noon. I know, random locality - but it pisses me off.On the other hand, when Fedex runs late, they'll just say they tried and no one was home. When we were home all day and watching the door like a hawk.

bought an orvis flyrod once on ebay...received it broken in half as was the shipping tube...the rod was in a plastic tube inside the shipping tube..

they paid me out full value of the rod, I kept it....sent it to orvis for lifetime repair warranty and made out like a bandit

Top Bottom