Other X12 Lost by our good friends at...

OptimaRacing

Jet zoomers
We ship the majority of our packages with FedEx. FedEx Home delivers on Saturday which cuts a day or possibly two off. Pretty pleased with FedEx overall.

That really sux! We have already switched to fedex from ups. Their service seems to be better so far...
After FedEx lost a pair of door panels I shipped before they made it 35 miles I quit using them. I also hate how they don't even knock on the door when they make deliveries, sometimes I'll go to leave and find a package outside the door in the weather.

Speaking of crappy shipping companies, is DHL still operating in the US?

Im a little irritated with USPS sometimes aswell. I've had 2 lost packages within the last month one of which I lost my Arse on! So frusterating and at times, unless you purchase insurance which is dumb at times there is nothing that you can do.

I feel like why should I have to pay insurance when I am paying you to perform a duty. Why should the customer have to pay extra incase the shipper messes up. Oh well, we are left with no choice and thats how it goes.

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
[PIE]Please, show up on my door step.
Please, show up on my door step.
Please, show up on my door step. [/PIE]

Last edited:

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
you guys can bash UPS all you want.. they are only company I will use.
The company I work for spends close to $1,000,000 a year with them. We almost NEVER have a problem.

have had good experience with both no complaints, except when i waiting outside for the fedex delivery guy to come and watched him walk in the back of the truck and drag my motor out the back and down the truck steps and say wow this thing is heavy whats it in? WTF! I went straight to reaming his azz out. luckly motor was packaged right and still ripping today!

IKSTEJ

BOGIE
I've had my machine shop now for 20 years, and have used them all. problems with shipping are rare but inevitble.
there is the human element.
I just wished it would have happened to Gil, or rickmeoff, but not ajsp ;(

had to laugh at some of the comments though.

OptimaRacing

Jet zoomers
If it was destined for Australia, it might be hung up in customs. I have had two packages recently go missing to Australia (both via USPS). One popped up in customs, the other still looking. USPS blamed it on strikes or something. I guess I can "strike" when I don't want to pay my bills....................

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
i use DHL, ups has screwed up shipments from ATP, i had every single one opend by customs, re packed (badly) parts damaged from this, in some case someones elses parts put in, or parts left out all together, ATP would take a photo of the box a they packed it, id send a pick when i recieved it and even the box would be different

i have only shipped 5 packages with UPS and each one was screwed up, damaged, paper work lost ...

UPS - Utterly Positivly poop

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
Im a little irritated with USPS sometimes aswell. I've had 2 lost packages within the last month one of which I lost my Arse on! So frusterating and at times, unless you purchase insurance which is dumb at times there is nothing that you can do.

I feel like why should I have to pay insurance when I am paying you to perform a duty. Why should the customer have to pay extra incase the shipper messes up. Oh well, we are left with no choice and thats how it goes.

U might as well wipe ur tail with the money u'd spend on insurance with ups. I bought insurance for my engine. It was obviously damaged due to the shipping process. I took pics, made a claim, and reported the problem as they state u should. The only answer I received was that "what I paid extra for was not replacement insurance but simply a declaration of value.". The agent told me that ups would be broke if they replaced every damage claim with customers who paid for insurance. Nice business practices. So, if u were to wipe ur tail with the money versus buying "insurance" atleast the money would have been of use.

i use DHL, ups has screwed up shipments from ATP, i had every single one opend by customs, re packed (badly) parts damaged from this, in some case someones elses parts put in, or parts left out all together, ATP would take a photo of the box a they packed it, id send a pick when i recieved it and even the box would be different

i have only shipped 5 packages with UPS and each one was screwed up, damaged, paper work lost ...

UPS - Utterly Positivly poop

same here..sent a clutch/flywheel to germany a few weeks ago...UPS reported it as being in the depot for over 4 weeks before the buyer received it...

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
I've had my machine shop now for 20 years, and have used them all. problems with shipping are rare but inevitble.
there is the human element.
I just wished it would have happened to Gil, or rickmeoff, but not ajsp ;(

had to laugh at some of the comments though.

Hey Beyotch, check your other 1200 thread-I have had nothing but good to say about you guys and there are some other posts on here with me bragging on you. I must say though-I hadit coming. LOL

Im glad this thread came up. I'm planning on buying a 750 and im shipping a 550 (not a 1200 by any means but would hate for it to get lost or damaged) out so now I know to go fedex not ups. Has anyone had good luck with usps?

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
As long as you're under 80lbs, you can ship with USPS. I think it ends up being quite a bit more expensive than just Fedex Ground, though.

Top Bottom