x2 - another smoke issue

1994 x2 with solas, coffmans stainless pipe & headpipe, 38 keihin, 32:1 93 pump gas with maxima premium 2 oil.

so i had an exhaust problem that started a month ago and traced it down to the silicone coupler between the headpipe and pipe wasnt tight. i temporarily adjusted the coupler so it had a better connection until my new coupling came.

exhaust was leaking out from the :):):):)ty coupler for about a month (probably 10 rides) and i assume it was getting sucked back into the carb and im not sure if it messed something up in my motor or reeds or carb.

right before i installed the coupler and even after i installed the new one, the ski would bog down when under load (in the water) but not when dry. also, there is alot of smoke coming out of the exhaust outlet. also there seems to be a lot more water in the exhaust. after i rode it, i cleared out the waterbox and it seemed like it was never going to clear there was so much water. usually i can rev it once to get most of the water out and then once more to get any remaining water. but last time i probably revved it 5 or 6 times and a large amount of water came out.

i think i covered all the bases. does anyone know what might be going on here?

also - im going to attach the picture of how black the exhaust spillage is out of the outlet - there is even particles / black goop that shoot out the exhaust and blacked up my seat and side of hull

madscientist

chilling with these guys.
cut down to 40-1 and a restricted in the line going to the stinger( small end of the pipe) a top from a spark plug works well as well as a plastic bushing from lowes. might need to re-jet the carb.

agua

FIshing for Stand ups
i run mine at 50:1 with premium from the pump [been tryen to slow my compression down so i dont have to use race gas haha]

Top Bottom