300/440/550 x2 bandwagon

upstand2

upstand2
Heres a X2 that I got for my wife. She hates it and wants a 750SX or better. Fortanatly I have a PJS 700 Viper motor, coffman pipe and ECWI in my old 650SX . So thats the plan a motor swap and hopfully MRD fuel injection.Where do these things break when surf riding?

Attachments

• x2.jpg
    x2.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 66
  • x2 r.jpg
    x2 r.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 57
  • x2 eng carb.jpg
    x2 eng carb.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 427

Kwit

HowItShootIfitsPlastic
first off welcome to the X! ive never rode my x2 in the surf but legdrag has beat the piss out of his and has cracked the ski up twards the front of the seat. This seems kinda weird though i woulda thought that that would have been a strong point of the ski.

Heres a X2 that I got for my wife. She hates it and wants a 750SX or better. Fortanatly I have a PJS 700 Viper motor, coffman pipe and ECWI in my old 650SX . So thats the plan a motor swap and hopfully MRD fuel injection.Where do these things break when surf riding?
FYI from what I've read ,the MRD FI has'' nothing '' over the '' correct '' carb setup !! the FI is better for all topend racing when the carb doesent have to meter from no load to full load under every condition ! again this is what I"ve read ! so i would put that $ to better use ! BTW welcome !

upstand2

upstand2
Well originally I got an MRD sytem for my 750SXI because I could not afford the latest and greatest carbs. It took a summer for me to figure it out and get it running consistantly , But oh does it work! Added more to my SXI than a Factory LTD. pipe. It has topend to be sure but where it really shines is bottom end and throttle response. I've had two units on three different engines and it never fails to impress me. The only better bang-for-the - buck I've ever gotton is picking up a old PJS Super engine with Jensen porting.Honestly it like bolting on another 150-200cc's.

Well originally I got an MRD sytem for my 750SXI because I could not afford the latest and greatest carbs. It took a summer for me to figure it out and get it running consistantly , But oh does it work! Added more to my SXI than a Factory LTD. pipe. It has topend to be sure but where it really shines is bottom end and throttle response. I've had two units on three different engines and it never fails to impress me. The only better bang-for-the - buck I've ever gotton is picking up a old PJS Super engine with Jensen porting.Honestly it like bolting on another 150-200cc's.

thats the first real satisfaction ive heard on them especially for bottom end , ill put it to memory ! thanks

upstand2

upstand2
Well after pulling the stock 650 out of the X2 yesterday I found out where my X2 hull needed fiberglass. The left chine has a fist sized spot that was crushed and repaired with some type of liquid nails type material. I ended up fiberglassig the entire bow from the back of the battery tray forward. The hull is also cracked under the seat where the cable for the trim goes through. I still have to fix that one.

upstand2

upstand2
Heres some pics.Kenneth M Haley - DSC00139.JPG
<NDL>
<REPLICA 862566B9:004EF429>
<VIEW OF5E502A1B:AAAF40CA-ON85256197:006C1A32>
<NOTE OFA345DC63:A0B48365-ON8625729E:003BAA69>
<HINT>CN=ABTAPN30/OU=MSVR/O=ABBOTT</HINT>
<REM>Database 'Kenneth M Haley', View 'Inbox', Document 'DSC00139.JPG'</REM>
</NDL>

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
I've ridden a few skis with MRD and it works great, though you have to worry about getting air bubbles in the fuel lines which makes them more suited for racing than freestyle/freeride.

meatball

User Title Unavailable
FI will also use more fuel because it cant tell when the engine is revving high RPM's with no load, for example when your riding in chop and keep grabbing air.

upstand2

upstand2
Replaced the 9-17 skat impeller and stock reduction nozzle with a 11-19 skat and a nozzle bored to 82.5mm today. Scotch brighted and washed the pipe , installed a second 500gph bilge pump.
The Mrd has hit a little snag on this engine. The PJS Viper motors use a nut to hold the flywheel on instead of a bolt. As a result , the MRD slotted fuel pump drive has nowhere to go. I think I'm going to have a plate made to bolt to the three flywheel puller mount holes. Then have a slot made in the center of the plate for the MRD's fuel pump. If my wife did'nt run a CNC machine I'd just goto a carb. I'm lucky , it will only cost me lunch.

upstand2

upstand2
For sale if anyone is intrested , $1700.
PJS 700 Viper, Bad A** ported engine, Z-Force machine work,155 PSI pump gas!
MRD Fuel Injection
Coffman Pipe
Carbon tech reeds
speedwerx reed spacers
ECWI
Group K lightened Flywheel
83mm reduction nozzle
chopped cone
11-17 Skat
Two 500 GPH bilge pumps
Lanyard
smoothed air scoop , no water gets in , never needed the bilges
Probaly more I'm forgetting. Want to take the hot-rod to the next level.

Attachments

• DSC00348.jpg
    DSC00348.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC00349.jpg
    DSC00349.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC00350.jpg
    DSC00350.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC00358MCR.jpg
    DSC00358MCR.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 39

betrezra

Eat, Drink, Breath x2's
x-2

What is your top speed gps?

Back to original post... I've been wave jumping X-2's for 15 yrs and never had a problem with the hull (IF you land properly... NOT FLAT). My only probs were motor mounts.

Good luck with sale. Sweet motor.

I have been wave jumping x-2s for around 4 years, If you are just jumping you will not have and problems other then motor mounts and maybe little things coming loose. I started cracking hulls when I started doing nose stabs and trying to learn barrelrolls. Most of the hulls I cracked I cracked right by the hood latches. So if you are looking just to jump and have a good time you should be safe

Top Bottom