650/X-2 X2 Dies once I hit the powerband

This is on my dads ski. We just replaced his old motor and put a motor from our old 650sx in. Ran fine for about 15 minutes. Shut it off for a minute or two and started it back up. Once I reached the power band it shut off as if I hit the kill switch. It kept doing this but it runs fine at low rpms. Fuel problem or electrical?

Have you checked the fuel filter? Had a similar problem with my SJ, turned out it had a clogged fuel filter, couldn't let enough fuel through at peak performance.

nucleus_coolins

Does things to makes the do goods
x2 on making sure you have enough air. I had problems with exhaust leak before, identical to your description. High rpm can just dump exhaust into engine bay and choke motor out. Maybe one of your couplers wasnt tightened down enough when doing motor swap?

Sometimes water intrusion will do that too. I had it happen on my single Novi 48 a couple times this summer after subbing. It would run on the low but as soon as
I hit the hi it would die. I would then clean the carb at the landing, then it would run fine again. I agree, try cleaning out the carb/ filter and diaphram assembly. It also could be from a lean condition too, maybe look through the Watcon tuning section?

http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/58480-Carb-Tuning-101-Info-From-WATCON

SterlingSilva

-----------------
do a pressure test on ur cases. been chasing a condition similar to urs thinking it was the carbs n come to find out the bottom end won't hold pressure. the engine runs fine out of water or at low rpm but at higher rpms it's sucking in air and leaning out

superjetguy

It's hard to speak without a tongue.
Check fuel filter for either dirty or it could have a small crack that is sucking in air my superjet did this when I was wide open.

I had a problem like that also on my old rn sj I did the same thing superjetguy said found little crack in fuel line replaced all my lines and problem solved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom