X2 FANATIC Rebuild by cp watercraft

well this year brian a.k.a X2 Fanatic has been having a bad year he lost to x2s that sink to the bottom of the gulf and on here in new jersey..and now we are going to build him one that will run sweet and stay a float and not sink..just going to be a simple build for now just to get him back on the water..

86 X2
Kaw 760cc CP Watercraft Powerboy Package
ada head 185psi
cpw modified 44
cpw intake manfold single
boyesen dual stage reeds
msd enhancer
bilge pumps

This should get him going again

Attachments

• x2 motor 006.jpg
    x2 motor 006.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 72
  • x2 motor 012.jpg
    x2 motor 012.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 57
  • x2 motor 013.jpg
    x2 motor 013.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 68

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
Nice build guys! One warning. Watch out for the 86 hood. It likes to DRINK water! Kawasaki actually recalled them that year because of lack of foam in the hood. The 87+ later years had much more foam (and better baffling) in the hood to help keep it afloat. With that said... my first X2 was an 86 and I did SINK it to the bottom of the manasquan river my first day ever out (back in 1996, first x2 ride ever). Luckily I was only in 5' of water and a boat towed it back to the ramp dragging it across the bottom.

Last edited:
Thanks shawn for the warning. I have a bunch of hoods off of my other skis so I can just use a different one. I want to say thanks to rob for helping me to get back on the water asap. The motor is looking great and I am really excited to get that thing in the water. Thanks again for your help.

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
Thanks shawn for the warning. I have a bunch of hoods off of my other skis so I can just use a different one. I want to say thanks to rob for helping me to get back on the water asap. The motor is looking great and I am really excited to get that thing in the water. Thanks again for your help.

So when is the maden voyage? You guys riding this weekend?

I will be riding this weekend but the ski won't be done till next
Weekend. I will be down the shore riding next weekend tho. I will get in touch with you shawn and we will ride. We will try to drag rob out also I have a ski he can ride until his is ready.

I will be riding this weekend but the ski won't be done till next
Weekend. I will be down the shore riding next weekend tho. I will get in touch with you shawn and we will ride. We will try to drag rob out also I have a ski he can ride until his is ready.

no you don't you broke on us that was our baby, lol jk.

hey waterfreak did you reeeeaaaalllllyyyy have to go their:shhh:

and fanatic you keep beating those eggs and :spank:that ski will be done in no time.lol

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
Corsons is a killer spot!! Ocean City, NJ exit on the parkway. I'll be there next weekend one day.

inlet.JPG

We may be red necks but we can up with something better then a starfish for a logo LOL

Top Bottom