300/440/550 X2 Footholds that work

Legdragger

Bringing it back
This is about the 10th attempt at making footholds that work on my X2. These work really nice. I have used every typ of strap I could find including wake board straps, wind surf straps and snowboard straps with rachets. These are water ski binding attached with my own L brackets and backing plates. They screw right down with 4 big sheet metal screws. Haven't failed yet. All my old straps kept breaking and ripping out.

The turf is part of the design. I use two pieces of turf padding plus one layer of regular diamond turf on top. was you can see it is thickest under my heels with little pockets carved out for the balls of my feet.

060407009.jpg

As you can see they work killer!

rollsequence.jpg

roll-1.jpg

Snackem

Danger Zone
Crab is using the same thing on his X2 and I love them. I plan on doing the same thing as soon as I can track down somw old skis.

Legdragger

Bringing it back

Snackem

Danger Zone
Yeah I was looking to order them online but my uncle has a couple of busted and cracked skis that he said I could rob them off of. Now I just gotta convince my cousin to mail them to me.

Hey Pete how did you fasten them to the hull? Did you glass some metal down under the turf?

BlueBreadTruck

X-2? Yes please
I'm glad you made this post. I have been trying to decide what type of footstraps i want.

The only thing that i dont like is that if i want to ride normal, i cant just step on them comfortably

Snackem

Danger Zone
I rode Crabs ski at Long Beach and had no problem just standing on them comfortably. I imagine that if you wear shoes when you ride then you wouldn't really notice them. . .

amemoryoncelost

X2/SNsj
I understand the L shape bracket. You then just screwed the metal screws right into the hull? Would something like that acorn nut method work(don't have link, but I think you're probably familiar with what I'm referring to).

Also, the turfing, is it just thick where your feet are at? Been thinking about doing something like that with the project X2 I have, not really sure where to go with it though...

Looks good though, think I know where a couple of skis are sitting right now...

I have a similar foothold but i made mine out of fiberglass and I made mine go straight across the foot tray. As for mounting them I just rivited them in. I have not yet tried them cause I am doing some finishing touches to the motor. I should have the first ride this weekend so we will see ow it goes. I will also have pictures so you can take a look

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
I understand the L shape bracket. You then just screwed the metal screws right into the hull? Would something like that acorn nut method work(don't have link, but I think you're probably familiar with what I'm referring to).

Also, the turfing, is it just thick where your feet are at? Been thinking about doing something like that with the project X2 I have, not really sure where to go with it though...

Looks good though, think I know where a couple of skis are sitting right now...
Just screw them down, its about 1/4 inch thick under your feet and SS screws shouldn't pull out if done right.

Pnutt

From( Jet Punks ) Texoma
I got some kite surfing straps on amazon for 20$ and they have 9 bolt holes for mounting on each side of the strap and have not even came close to breaking them they are tough mothers.

Top Bottom