300/440/550 X2 impellers

3wheelerdude

Talk less, Ride more!
I really want to change the impeller on my X2 and was wondering wich impellers would fit a stock pump. Will all Kawi 650 impellers fit? Some models or years? And what pitch would best suit a stock engine?

Thanks

I talked to dave about this exact topic about a month and a half ago...he recommended to go with either a skat straight 15 or a skat 8/16. However he said he likes the straight 15 a little better as it gives a little better low end. Also said either impeller will still work great with a limited setup.

Keep in mind these were recommended for best low end performance which I am assuming you are looking for.

550 and 750 pumps use different impellers.

Keep a look out on ebay and around here, stuff pops up from time to time that you should be able to pick up for a good price.

Last edited:

Legdragger

Bringing it back
Skat trak will set back any 750/800 impeller for you to run in your 650 pump. I think it is 270mm or about a quarter of an inch. It is an additional cost of $30 but you can run any of there new slim lines and swirls. It is the only way to go. The old school impellers don't cut it.

Other than the hub being a little bit forweard the 650 pump is just an 800 pump with the shoe attached.

I am waiting for a TBM pump cone and a Magnum impeller for my X2. Nobody has told me it will fit for sure but I have compared the 750 and 650 pumps extensivy and haven't found anything that will prevent it from bolting up. I will post when I get it.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Slicker, I just switched to dual card this week. They are worth it. It only took a little tweak of the steering arm to get clearance.
I may be doing the same, just ordered the left deck support to use on the right, and getting an R&D intake from WAB. Not sure what I'm going to do for flame arrestor, I detest water injestion.

D Slicker

Durham, dont forget it
Im runnin the stock carbs and i had to order flame arrestors since my factory one wont fit. I am waitng for 3 parts to show up then it will be going in. I should have it up and running in 2 weeks. I am trying to divided my time between the SJ and X-2.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Im runnin the stock carbs and i had to order flame arrestors since my factory one wont fit. I am waitng for 3 parts to show up then it will be going in. I should have it up and running in 2 weeks. I am trying to divided my time between the SJ and X-2.

Lets see some pics when your done.

stagesrt4

see ya out there
Site Supporter
dude bumping 7 year old thread? LOL

If your in need i can find you something

otherwise just post a WTB thread.... 650 impellers are dime a dozen

Lol ya sorry about that haha ive been looking on ebay and everywhere but seems everyone wants a fortune for there used impellers :( I found some brand new 16 for 100 plus shipping but not sure if that's the way to go plus I would like to spend a little less ya I did post a wtb looking for a 15 or 15.5 thanks

Top Bottom