X2 Kawadoo

Ok guys I know that some of yall have done this so I am looking for any kinda advice that you have found on pulling a 951 in a X2. I allready have the engine and all the works. I work in a machine shop so fabrication is not a problem. Just let me know what kinda problems yall might have ran into and how you solved it.

I wanna see it done I set the engine in there just to look at it. I figure your gonna have to cut and remake the hood and hood seat. Or find a different exhaust manifold posibly foward facing.

If you have a machine shop make a tighter fitting manifold I will take one when you get it figured out

I tried with the stock pipe as I don't have other options right now another pipe might fit

Attachments

• P1010197.jpg
    P1010197.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 150

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
I tried it with the stock pipe and its a nogo,I don't have a Coffmans or Rossier to play with,I know the pipe makes a huge difference in fittment of that engine into the SXR,the x2 would be pretty much the same.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Yeah I decided to go with a 787 in mine,mounting is basically the same on both but the exhaust on the 787 will clear with a small amount of massaging to the bottom of the hull.

Well here is the latest. I got the motor, electronics, intake,carbs., and the pipe. I got lucky and the engine that I bought is in perfect running condition so i wont have to spend alot on a rebuild. I fabed up some mounting brackets at work last week and test fitted the engine and I think it will all fit. I desited to go ahead and replace the all the gaskets and rings on the engine sence the guy I bought the engine from said it has been sitting up for about 5 years. I will take some pics this weekend on my progress but as of right now I have everything I need to put the ski together. I will start painting as soon as the weather warms up. I am plaining on having the ski on the water by the end summer.

Top Bottom