300/440/550 X2 paint and 650 engine upgrades , help ?

Well planning on repainting the X2 and changing a few things up on the X2.
Planning on cutting the rear to lighten the nose , would like to do the nose hood chop but I suck at fiberglass work so may pass for now ... As for the engine I am thinking about swapping a few engines and parts around and putting as much power as I have here ( working with what I already have) into the x2 . So thining the 650 engine i have here that ran flawlessly in my sx way back , it has westcoast head with about 175-180 a side . will be bolting on a jetenetics alluminum flywheelon it . It has a 44 mukuni on it now and wondering if it would benefit with a 46 I have on an engine I pulled out of a doner X2 i bought (carb looks mint).
The one part I am not sure about is the pipe .. its a toss up bettween the R&R red westcoast I have ( that matches my tank LOL) or the SS marineer that looks to have a larger chamber . Not sure about the strength of the SS compared to the cast R&R .. here are some pics all of what I have to work with .. oh yea also may opt for dual electric bilges and scrap the fact siphon .. ( I will then still have two lines for dual cooling as I jsut broke an end line ooops )

Attachments

• DSCF0006.jpg
    DSCF0006.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Jet_engine_1.jpg
    Jet_engine_1.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 66
  • DSCF0005.jpg
    DSCF0005.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 75
  • x2engine.jpg
    x2engine.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCF0002.jpg
    DSCF0002.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 71
well no one gave any input here but i did get a pm suggestion th euse the westcoast pipe , although I do think the mariner should make more power as it seems to have a larger chamber .. maybe bringing this thread to the top will get some input LOL

Hey ang...if that engine in your conversion ski is the one I sold you than I would pull it abd swap it into the X2, because if I remember correctly it is ported, plus its got the westcoast head. Than install the lightweight flywhell you mentioned and run the 46 carb. I think it should pull quite nicely with that setup. Also get a low pitch prop and wetwolf coen and your good to go.

Definately chop the back end off since it is a cheap mod, and run a chopped stocker plate aswell. Run the dual bilges but keep the stock siphon for peace of mind, it will all fit no problem.

Oh and lastly if you aren't going to chop the hood, at least run the air intakes up under the hump to help prevent water intrusion, again another cheap mod.

just my 2 cents!

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
The air intake mod is worth it, I did about a 2 minute long fountain today and my single rule 500 only ran for about 15 seconds.

Rob , yea that is the engine out of the 650sx I bought from you .. that engine also had a jetnetics fly , what was I thinking when i sold that .. anyways .. luck came my way and that X2 I just sold ( with a older stock engine) just happened to have another jetnetics bolted on :) so its going back onto that engine .. my conversion ski will get the stock 150 psi engine that was in my X2 and it should still be mighty fine :) .. plus i had been meaning to pull it as you didnt put a block off on the case and damn i was in a hurry to put it togehter so its still bothering me knowingit has that damn grinded down fact thing stuck on it still LOL hey whats with that sig goodbye X2 hello SJ .. whats the matter with keping them both ???

I actually had a friend of a friend who wanted to buy it...so I sold it! After not being able to sell it last year I figured I should jump at the chance to sell while someone wants it. It was a fun build but I prefer the SJ over the X2 anyway. I actually already have a SJ lined up, picking it up next weekend.

so far peeled the stickers , chopped the rear , removed most hardware .

Attachments

• DSCF0002.jpg
    DSCF0002.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCF0003.jpg
    DSCF0003.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCF0005.jpg
    DSCF0005.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCF0006.jpg
    DSCF0006.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 65
well I slanted it out just a touch so I can still get a stern eye fitting on and tie it to the trailer .. I dont want to cut more off the bottom hull as i already dont like how much is cut off for the strength of the hull .. I cut almost all the way to the edge of the slant ! as much as most people cut i would asy .. but yea as crab is saying I could cut a little more to trim it up a bit but think it is enough , i can always cut more adding is a little harder ..

painted .. damn have to retouch the hood and reclear .... could have used more light in the garage ,,, bright colour ! :cool2:

Attachments

• DSCF0016.jpg
    DSCF0016.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCF0017.jpg
    DSCF0017.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 59

BlueBreadTruck

X-2? Yes please
WOW that looks great. I currently run westcoast stuff on my ski and have no complaints, but ive never ran a mariner. If you chop the hood, a good place for an air intake is behind the seat, run a line all the way to the front....works well for me

I've run the mariner and the westcoast. The mariner makes a little more power and better note but I found the westcoast more robust as it has only the one clamping join. The coffmans and factory pipe are a step above these two.

well here is the engine in set up with what you see and jetnetics flywheel ..
had some isues hope the gremlins are gone ... .. still have a problem with some kind of chemical reaction on my hood .. repainting it ...

Attachments

• DSCF0005.jpg
    DSCF0005.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 50
That ,,,, I cant say :sneaky:

looks nice in the sun ..

my bro wanted to "extra" clear cost the bottom .. you can see the runs on the nose from when it was upsaide down .. when its wet it will looks like water LOL .. I may wet sand it out ..

Attachments

• DSCF0001.jpg
    DSCF0001.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCF0002.jpg
    DSCF0002.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 41
Top Bottom