650/X-2 X2 wouldn't shut-down!!!!!!!

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
Whenever a 2-stroke engine 'runs away', hold the stop button and pull the throttle wide open---that stops the air leak and will kill the engine every time.

I merged the 2 threads also.

Last edited:
do a search on it...

the short version is that you seal the intake and exhaust and pressurize (or depressurize) the engine to ~10psi. if it holds for 10 minutes you should be ok, if not find the leak with some soapy water to spot the bubbles.

This might sound rude, but PLEASE don't try this for the first time by yourself. If you have to repeatedly ask "how to do it", you'll probably screw something up. Find someone who knows how to use a proper leak-down tester and have them do it. I really don't want to see a follow-up thread about what damage could be done by sticking the air compressor line in the sparkplug hole and a compression gauge in the other.

Please go get help the first time, watch everything and learn how to do it. If you continue to play with 2-strokes you will eventually need this knowledge and after seeing someone else do it correctly, you'll be good to go.

Dan

JETSKIBRATTTT

NO WATER, NO PROBLEM!!!!!
I just figure you should do the preventive
change the seal procedure anyways (50 bucks and a lil 1211)
90 % of the time its your main seals
on a run away
you'll be resealing and checking all other leak spots as ya go
do it
you'll feel good about it
and be good ta go
j.bratttt

Top Bottom