Super Jet XFT Foothold help

I am trying to put xft footholds on a squarenose superjet. I keep trying and i just cant figure out how to make it work. I know they are different trays, but any help or advice? Pics or anything would be great. Thanks!

Ur gonna have to trim the holds alot to even fit the contours of a SN tray.....Dont b bashful, its the only way its gonna work. Cut em to fit the tray and just glass the $hit outta em.....while your at it mount them up from the rear 1-2"....XFT sit waaaay to far back in the tray. My favorite holds though, only second to my adjustables.....

Waternut

Customizing addict
Just responded to your PM. However, I will add this to the thread in case someone else wants to do it later.

Lots of cutting and some creative glass work... The posts below will show you the kind of gaps that you have to bridge. I used some 8HS 8.9oz fiberglass from uscomposites to bridge the gaps. Wet out the fabric before putting it on the hull, gently lay the first layer down, pull it tight, and let it cure. Once it's cured, lightly scuff sand it, and add another 2-4 layers of of that 8.9oz glass and you'll be good. That version of glass lays over some really complex curves very well and the weave is really tight so it helps keep water out. You could pour expanding foam in the gunwales, let it bubble up over everything, and then sand it flush with the edges if it makes it easier but I didn't run foam in the stunt hull so that wasn't an option.

If you look at http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/...SJ-build/page2 post 62 and 67 should give you an idea for a SN.
Then again at http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/...l-build/page11 post 405, I took the XFT's out of my SN and put them in my stunt hull which required even more cutting and glass work.

D-Roc

I forgot!
i put mine in my SN without cutting the holds at all. i just made a big enough hole in the tray so i got them where i thought they should be and then glassed them in. i still have them now in my RN hull. i love em.

Top Bottom