Other xmetal pole vs rrp pole

I must admit the X-metal looks good one some skis, but you can't beat the RRP poles. They are overall the best looking poles in my opinion. Many times with the X-metal pole its so sleek it's hard to tell that it's even an aftermarket pole. Not that Im looking only for cosmetics, but if I'm going to drop a grip of money on a pole, I want it to be noticed.

Like someone said before, the RRP pole can be adjusted then the tubes can be cut further for added adjustability, this is going to come in handy on a bob. Depending on how tall you are, your probably going to want to cut the tubes down or at least have the ability to.

For a BOB i'd say RRP ALL THE WAY.

There a lot of Nic Knacks if you want to run RRP everything. The good thing about RRP is you can run other steering systems, chins pads, brackets, ect. which allows you to keep costs down if wanted.

The only thing you NEED other than the pole is the steering stop/chin pad support which retails for $59.

Tommygunz

Team PHP
I've owned both and they ar e both good, but the adjustability of the RRP is the way to go imo. Especially on my Bob it made dialing in my riding position so easy. Spend the money and do it right. And get a bracket from Derrick at the Ski Clinic, they are the nicest around!

D-Nice

flap dem wings johnny!
Ive heard... not experienced, that the XM pole flexes a bit where the tube type don't....Dont forget the titan as well
the xm is pretty solid. i dont see how any1 could even feel a pole flexing since its not a fixed thing anyway. either way i like my xmetal on my superjet. rock it at the -5 plus got there adjustable steering if i wanted to go shorter. an if i had a a/m hull an needed a pole that was even shorter id jus take a chop saw to it an tig weld it. price for rrp is redicolous. an now they have there new billet one thats even more expensive an it weighs the same as an xm pole. it aint about lookin good its about price an performance IMO but hey if you got the dough to throw around then do work. for me id rather put the money somewhere else into my ski

Im sure the new billet RRP is very strong but I have broken 2 RRP cast poles, wasn't impressed strength wise. Still a nice pole though Im sure you'll be happy whichever you get.

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
It aint about lookin good its about price an performance IMO
You sir....are wrong lol if its not about looking good, the stock RN has just as much one time adjustability as the RRP does, and it's free with the purchase of a ski....most of the time, I'm calling Blowsion today for a new RRP, I had an issue with the cast one as well, Billet is a sexy

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Both are great setups and have their fans.

Looks are of course subjective and depend on hull/pole combo as well.

If cost is important, then xmetal all the way.
Complete pole kit for 775. Includes everything bracket, pinch bolts, hoses, adjustable pole, chinpad, steering stop.
RRP is sold a la carte and you need to buy pole and all other parts separately including bracket, pole bolt, spring, chinpad, steering stop...

If weight is important, then xmetal again is much lighter unless you get the new lighter, pricier RRP which is almost as light.

If you want to run a spring, then RRP is the eaiser choice.

Last edited:
RRP poll bolt how tight can i go

I have the rrp light weight poll and dual breather braket, iam running the poll bolt spacer and installed a stainless bolt. How tight can i get this thing before the braket brakes? i would like to have it stay put while i ride, right now it rises stiffly but drops more easily. thanks

ScottS

X
Site Supporter
Another thing to consider when buying a pole, if you break it, will the manufacture stand behind it. In my experience, X-metal has been the best at standing behind their products in the industry.

Poles take a beating, they do break, X-metal has replaced a couple for friends of mine with no problem.

That, the price and the fact that they are MADE IN THE USA, is reason enough to buy one.

Top Bottom