XP Mods

I-LOVE-WATER

want to fly high
Hey guys I know its not a stand up but it is fun, I have a xp800 factory pipe,msd enhance, 16-24 prop. I love the beach and going to try to go more this year. I jump the waves then ride in the ICW. What are some good mods or thing i can do t get me power and control of the ski in the air. I want some more torque.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
You're not going to do any mods that get you "more control in the air".
For power and torque, I'm waiting for Terry (WFO) to chime in. He should know.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
I think you may have better luck over at PWCToday. This is pretty much a standup crowd and the ones who do own seadoos won't admit it or will blame them on their wives.

I'm waiting for someone to suggest, "trade it in on a 3D," lol.

Last edited:

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
A great mod for mid air handling is a nozzle resistor arm setup. I am pretty sure that Steve at Watercraft Factory makes them as well as Team Scream. They are only about 40.00 for the kit and real easy to install.

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
I have an R&D intake manifold for that motor I'm selling for $75 shipped. Prop was the best mod. Solas XO I think. It's been a while. Intake grate upgrade was good too.

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
Perhaps a tall race seat and carbon hood would be more to your liking? APE hi-flow air intake? R&D 85/88mm nozzle kit? Odyssey cylinder head cover (better cooling)? I have all sorts of stuff for that boat.

I have a blown up 800 lemon, do yourself a favor, if it still has the gray tempo fuel lines change em to anything better. They will clog up the carbs as they break down internally. If it still has it, dump the oil injection and switch to premix. Removing the choke butterflies and installing a primer system helps a little with airflow through the carbs, a pair of Proks flame arrestors will work very well with these skis and dropping the intake grate and going without one really helps pick up some mph's if that has any value to you. Make sure your wear ring is in good shape too, they have a bad habit of either spinning the wear ring inside the pump housing or wearing out too quickly. If you want the best info on these machines, honestly the boys over at http://www.greenhulk.net are the ones to talk to. They've helped me out a lot when I first bought my 800.

Top Bottom