Freestyle Xscream & DASA What's coming next..

What no one has mentioned is that 1200 is limit for pro freestyle. It wouldn't be too smart for a company to invest the capital into a whole new engine platform that isn't at least under this displacement on its first bore. Now granted not everyone with a 1200 is competing most with the skill level to ride one are. To do a no holds bar 1200 would be very involved. increasing bore spacing enough to have a transfer port large enough to supply an engine that size while keeping a crankshaft weight of less then stock 701 weight would be a real good place to start. It is possible but involved, and it is being worked on by someone from one of those cold states....

Something thats a hell of alot cheaper....It's turning into a rich man's game this freestyle jet skiing. I just glad i ski in the surf and don't need big power.

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
As Nuclear6 said, you wont much development of larger than 1200cc motors until they raise the current pro freestyle engine size limit of 1200.

Lucaumpits

RIDE LIKE U'VE STOLE IT!!
Who really cares to be legal anyways,?!?
98% the people on this website doesn't compete and never will, but I'm sure all these 1200cc owners will love to have some nasty 1400cc to play around. I think there is where the market is, today days there is more people running 1200 that we ever thought it would be.
So IMO bring on the 1400cc
As Nuclear6 said, you wont much development of larger than 1200cc motors until they raise the current pro freestyle engine size limit of 1200.

I too am for raising the 1200 cc pro limit too 1400-1500 cc soo they can doo double flips all day. They suede make a 800 cc stock hull class too

swapmeet

Brotastic
Who really cares to be legal anyways,?!?
98% the people on this website doesn't compete and never will, but I'm sure all these 1200cc owners will love to have some nasty 1400cc to play around. I think there is where the market is, today days there is more people running 1200 that we ever thought it would be.
So IMO bring on the 1400cc

It would stand to reason, that if motors larger than 1200cc hit the 'rec' market, that it would only be a matter of time before the competition limit was raised. Just let a pro get his hands on one of these motors and show how much bigger he can go and people will all be asking the same question... "why can't they use that motor in competition?"

To save all the people who've invested in 1200's for the Pro class the pain of changing engines, maybe anything beyond 1200cc should be a 'unlimited' class.

Kinda like the crazy 'unlimited' tractor pull rigs.

Amateur

P1010067.jpg

Pro

Binder.jpg

Unlimited!!!

3857326929_5d247643fd_z.jpg

LOL

Last edited:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Something thats a hell of alot cheaper....It's turning into a rich man's game this freestyle jet skiing. I just glad i ski in the surf and don't need big power.

There are plenty power-plant options that are "a hell of a lot cheaper". You can get a used 701 shortblock for under 500 bucks these days. No one is forcing billet 1200's down anyone's throats. You are complaining that the same setups that the very top pro-level people in this sport in competition run are too expensive for you to buy? (PS: I can't afford it, either)
Think about what you're comparing here. This is one of very few sports where Joe Blow off the street can buy a pro-level setup without issue. Of course it's going to be expensive. It's the best that you can get. If you want cheaper, buy cheaper.
Not every single person in this sport needs to be able to buy the biggest engine available.

Last edited:
Maybe for you but I can have a good time on my 5k square nose. Don't get me wrong I would love to take your freak out for a spin but I can ride all day on mine and be all smiles.

If I had a dollar for everytime a friend laughed at me for the amount of money I spent on my ROK-R I would have paid for the ski. Keep in mind the ROK-R was a fairly affordable build in the world of flatwater skis. It always struck me as odd that the same friends who were mocking me all had $15,000 + RZR's. Everyone has a different perspective of expensive and what certain hobbies are worth dumping money on. Long story short my ski was much less expensive than those RZR's so maybe the sport isn't as expensive as some make it seem.

If I had a dollar for everytime a friend laughed at me for the amount of money I spent on my ROK-R I would have paid for the ski. Keep in mind the ROK-R was a fairly affordable build in the world of flatwater skis. It always struck me as odd that the same friends who were mocking me all had $15,000 + RZR's. Everyone has a different perspective of expensive and what certain hobbies are worth dumping money on. Long story short my ski was much less expensive than those RZR's so maybe the sport isn't as expensive as some make it seem.

10k for a short block? aah yea, its expensive! that is, at least, for the top of the food chain stuff

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
Have a look at the true performance cylinder. I believe this will be the mile stone every other cylinder will be judged by when they get out there

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
BTW, skis are relatively cheap....anything aviation related is a different story. At work, we unload single parts every day that are worth millions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom