Yamaha Freeride Australian Open 09

Sharky

www.fpjetskis.com
www.jetpilot.com.au

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 12 November 2008

JET PILOT TO PRESENT 2009 YAMAHA FREERIDE AUSTRALIAN OPEN

GOLD COAST, QLD; Action Sports Company Jet Pilot is proud to announce that it will be presenting sponsor of the 2009 Yamaha Freeride Australian Open that is to be held on the Gold Coast, Australia 21st February 2009.

Jet Pilot Marketing Manager Chris Apps said “We are extremely excited to be presenting the Yamaha Freeride Australian Open, there has not been an event of this caliber ever in Australian waters, with riders expected to compete from as far a field as Germany, France, Japan and the US.”

A final location has not been settled on as of yet but we have been given approval to host the event on the Gold Coast, we are just in the process of bettering the location of the event with the appropriate authorities. Keep checking jetpilot.com.au for final location and updates on the event

The event coincides with the Australian Motorcycle expo, which includes The Australian Personal Watercraft Expo & The Australian Scooter Festival (to be conducted Feb 20-22 at the Gold Coast Convention & Exhibition Centre).

Founded in 1986, Jet Pilot continues it's leading tradition producing the most progressive, innovative, technically advanced, rider-inspired products for the Action Sports industry.

Attachments

• YAMAHA[1].jpg
    YAMAHA[1].jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Hy Pepe,

I already wrote some Emails about the event to Darren Attard and had to sent him some pics and videos. ( what do they require from people which like to compete? ) He saves a stop for me!
Now I need to find out about the Transport of my ski from Germany.
What about the Australien customs? Is iteasy to get a temporary import for a Jet SKi?
The event will be already in 3 month and I think it will take about 6 weeks to ship the ski to Brisbane.
Where will the event be?

Marc THE SHARK

Sharky

www.fpjetskis.com
Hey marc, you will be more than welcome to come.
I will find out the rules for importing a ski, it is tuff over here but i will send you an email with all the rules, I will ask some of the guys about what is required and get jetpilot to email you.

The event is held on the Gold Coast which is an hour from
Brisbane so yes brisbane is the place to organise ski's to be shipped to , we can help pick them up for you guys and store them in a secure place.

We are working on the final location for the event but staying in Surfers Paradise or Broadbeach will be the best spots, I will try an organise a deal with a hotel near the event for international riders.

We are hoping this will be the start off our leg of a world series.
pm me if you have any questions and i will give you my email as a second point of info as I am working with jetpilot and outhers on this....
cheers

Hey there,
So great news you will have atleast one international person attending!!!
I will be coming from Canada to OZ Jan 18th and will be staying for a few months!!
I have been lookin on the net at some jetski's but I don't want to buy one and not be able to sell it and be stuck with it before I leave. I figured that would be much easier then importing mine temporaly. I would be very interested in competing if there was some way that could be worked out. I will be forsure attending, if you need any help with putting on the event I could also be a helping hand, granted I am not competing which would be my first choice!!!
Let me know what you think about buying a ski while I am there, and what is the availibility of freestyle ski's, or if there would even be anyone willing to rent out one for the time that I am there.

Mike

Sharky

www.fpjetskis.com
So great news you will have atleast one international person attending!!!
I will be coming from Canada to OZ Jan 18th and will be staying for a few months!!
I have been lookin on the net at some jetski's but I don't want to buy one and not be able to sell it and be stuck with it before I leave. I figured that would be much easier then importing mine temporaly. I would be very interested in competing if there was some way that could be worked out. I will be forsure attending, if you need any help with putting on the event I could also be a helping hand, granted I am not competing which would be my first choice!!!
Let me know what you think about buying a ski while I am there, and what is the availibility of freestyle ski's, or if there would even be anyone willing to rent out one for the time that I am there.

Thanks for the offer of a hand I am sure we will have it under control , if you want to enter send through what you can do to jetpilot,email is on the bottom of the flyer, As for a rental ski does not look good but there are some good seconda hand ones floating around, and selling them will be Ok we can put it in a shop for you to sell. check out ozpwc.com classified section
cheers

Top Bottom