Yamaha Key ideas

I went to the local yami dealer and they want $24 for one. I just can't justify paying that for a piece of plastic so I use an aligator clip. (If I'm really in a bind a couple of twist ties)

So what do people generally use when youi dont have a lanyard/key?

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Greater Yamaha sells the red wrist styles for around $15 each.

Call John and see what kind of a deal he can give you, otherwise it might be close to the dealers $24 after shipping.

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
Wal Mart for me, the clips fits much tighter than an OEM one too so you never accidentally pull it off and kill your motor. Hell it rarely comes off even when I bail.

Last edited:

smoofers

Rockin' the SQUARE!!!!
Site Supporter
I have also used the ones from walmart and academy. They cost $9.95 here in Texas. I just cut off they keys I don't use... Oh yeah, Velcro wristband and they come with a whistle attached to them.
Posted via Mobile Device

I went to the local yami dealer and they want $24 for one. I just can't justify paying that for a piece of plastic so I use an aligator clip. (If I'm really in a bind a couple of twist ties)

So what do people generally use when youi dont have a lanyard/key?

24$ is the least of your problems. Wait till you try replacing a real part.

LBE

Eddie Would Go.
dont let go

In theory sounds good, but you don't know when the spring will break. Mike Serlin's broke when landing from a roll. As soon as he hit ski went WFO out of his hands. W/o a lanyard it would have been out to sea untill it seized.

can u use zip tie or open it and remove the spring .

No return spring? Are you high?

dosnt do much when your sitting in the impact zone fumbling with a lanyard while taking waves on the head....hit the button and go for me...

Don't crash in the impact zone, rookie move. :hitwithrock: :Banane26:

Top Bottom