yamaha motor help

I just got my first yamaha square nose and the 650cc motor is no good. I dont want to rebuild the 650, I want more power.. not nowing the differences in all the yamaha parts, I need a little help. some people have told me to get a 61x motor, and some have said get a 62T motor. what is the difference?? arent they both 701?? what combo of the two will be better if possible??? is the elect. from the 650 I have going to work with the different motor??

never owned, operated, or worked on a yamaha before, I dont know anything about them,(whats available, options, different technical ins-and-outs). I rode a friends sj for the weekend and went and got one I liked it so much. so I need a little help to get started.

keefer

T1
61x cyl with 62t cases is the standard engine for all superjets 96 & up and is the platform that most build upon. The 61x cyl & 61x cases is for the 94-95 superjet. Both are 701, the older is a single carb with smaller reed cages. The newer is dual carb with redesigned cases with bigger reeds. More power with the newer engines.

SUPERTUNE

Race Gas Rules
Those 62T cylinders came off of sit down skis and have more mid to top end power from a more aggressive factory porting.
62T cylinders gives up bottom end power for standup riders wanting to do tricks . The 61X cylinder porting makes more power down low, hits harder right off of idle.

Last edited:

kraqus

Site Supporter
Thanks for taking the time to respond to this tread....:Banane35:

Kraqus

Those 62T cylinders came off of sit down skis and have more mid to top end power from a more aggressive factory porting.
62T cylinders gives up bottom end power for standup riders wanting to do tricks . The 61X cylinder porting makes more power down low, hits harder right off of idle.

Top Bottom