Super Jet Yamaha super jet year 2003

Hi all,
I have stock SJ and I think it's the time to upgrade it performance.
where do I need to start??
I want to replace the twin carburetor, it not looking good and I heard the single one is better
:scratchchin:​
what is your recommendation?
I'm not really familiar with all the performance modifies, but I have the technical experience.

Thank you.

djraider700

lol wut?
Don't replace your dual carbs with a single. Rebuild them if you have to. Get a Factory B-pipe (limited) for a really nice bump in power. Upgrade to a Hooker 9/15 impeller.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Hi all,
I have stock SJ and I think it's the time to upgrade it performance.
where do I need to start??
I want to replace the twin carburetor, it not looking good and I heard the single one is better
:scratchchin:​
what is your recommendation?
I'm not really familiar with all the performance modifies, but I have the technical experience.

Thank you.

Read the sticky at the top of this section labeled "1st mods for you new superjet"

Pipe
Prop
Intake
Head
Msd ignition
Electric bilge
Lightened flywheel
Shorten the pole
Front sponsons (if Applicable to your riding style)
Rear sponsons (only if racing)
Ride plate (only if racing, stock is fine for freeride)
T-adjustment screws for your carb (my 2004 had covers over the screws, if you can see your screws then you have covers too. Not sure what year they started that)
Foot holds (freeride)

That list should keep you busy a while.

Contact jet maniac on this forum. He has lots of used parts. I said "this is my setup, I want a prop for it" and he sent me the right prop in like new condition for $75+shipping.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Single carb is not better. It's just cheaper and easier. My dual 38s look bad but they run great. I just has them off, cleaned all the loose corrosion, removed the choke for primer, soaked all the parts in Chem dip, got everything loose and working like new, etc etc. rebuilt and new needles and seats with tscrew. Ruan best yesterday as it ever has since I owned it (2years). Changing carbs will burn a lot more gas with very little change in performance. Money better spent elsewhere.

Buy a pop off tester when you buy the parts to rebuild you carb. Jetmaniac has been very fair and good to me.

Last edited:

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Single carb is not better. It's just cheaper and easier. My dual 38s look bad but they run great. I just has them off, cleaned all the loose corrosion, removed the choke for primer, soaked all the parts in Chem dip, got everything loose and working like new, etc etc. rebuilt and new needles and seats with tscrew. Ruan best yesterday as it ever has since I owned it (2years). Changing carbs will burn a lot more gas with very little change in performance. Money better spent elsewhere.

Buy a pop off tester when you buy the parts to rebuild you carb. Jetmaniac has been very fair and good to me.

So why did Rick Roy and Stoyer both run single 44's when they ran less than 800cc motors?

Top Bottom