Yamaha Superjet in canada?

thegoldenboy

RN Surgery... soon
Nope no letters needed. Watercrafts are classified as "general cargo".

I paid my duty and was on my way. Bring bill of sale, previous owners title information, and a few bucks to pay duty and taxes.

I would get one sooner than later, I would suspect the way our world is going, that its not long before eveything will needed, serial numbers, paperwork, recall letters, and an inspection upon import for a stupid standup.

I buy 100% of my parts from the states. Only fuel and fiberglass supplies I get from Canada.

vjhardcore

Ride It Like Ya Stole IT!
I just bought an 07 SJ with 6hrs on it last October from Pittsburg- Bill of sale / registration is what you need coming over boarder - Then got Coast Guard Licence from Canadian Fedral building here. Still haven't got Title switched? Not sure how to do that as a Canada Customs guys said Ministry of Transport but I went today and they say no back to Federal guys? I have a number I have to call tomorrow.

As for buying a SJ here in Canada not going to happen - I have a buddy who is the sales manager for Yamaha in southern Ontario. He can't get any cheaper then buying new/used in US. I lucked out and bought almost new with lots of mods - I like new or few years old - Its going to cost you either way - As a new rider - a new ski needs to be modified. Their crap to ride stock. Check out this site and see in what order things should be done - money vs. experience on the ski.

Good luck

thegoldenboy

RN Surgery... soon
And as of now since Services Canada is taking over watercraft registration from transport Canada, they are going titleless. Just registration (hull numbers), your bill of sale becomes your title. Write a new one when you sell it, and hang over registration papers (colour, year, make, drive type, name, address, etc...)

You'll than get a Reg number like.

ON 346543 if in Ontario, not sure on other provinces.

Top Bottom