Yamahammers X-2

yamahammer

are you men the police?
need help from you kawi people- 750 is stock right now- were going to do port clean up and top it with a ada head- anyone know what cc stock domes are???- ive heard kawi cyls are strong and dont need girdled head- anyone actually seen one break??- thanks.

need help from you kawi people- 750 is stock right now- were going to do port clean up and top it with a ada head- anyone know what cc stock domes are???- ive heard kawi cyls are strong and dont need girdled head- anyone actually seen one break??- thanks.

I've never heard of one breaking with a wet pipe.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
According to sources on here the Kawi cylinder will crack or can crack with a dry pipe if a girdle head is not used.Thats just what I heard through the grapevine.

Not the best.

what do you mean by not the best?

I believe a 98 would be a big pin. I have a a small pin going into mine and it came out of a 1994. Not sure if one is better than the other or any pros and cons of the two. Whats this about cracking a cyl wit a dry pipe? Is that a fact or a rumor?

good lick with the build! X2's Rule!

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
what do you mean by not the best?

I believe a 98 would be a big pin. I have a a small pin going into mine and it came out of a 1994. Not sure if one is better than the other or any pros and cons of the two. Whats this about cracking a cyl wit a dry pipe? Is that a fact or a rumor?

good lick with the build! X2's Rule!
As I recall, they had the laziest port timing off the bottom of all the big pins.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
how does that compare to that of a small pin?
Not sure on exact measurments, but the small pin has the lowest/best port timing, other than the SXR which makes up for it with more displacement.
One of the big design changes between the SXR and the previous Sxi750 motors is the cylinder port timing. The SXR has considerably milder port timings than previous 750 motors for two reasons. First, the milder timings allow for lower emissions to help make “50 state” marketing easier, and second, allowing for improved low range acceleration characteristics.

Last edited:
cool. I do remember someone saying there was something better about a small pin, just couldnt remember what. Thanks!

Top Bottom