Yamaha's blow

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
this is exactly why i run a tigershark motor in my superjet and polaris motor in my blaster. yamaha motors are garbage.

too bad it blew up on you so fast. now slap it back together and go beat the hell out of it.

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
my yamaha blows 180 psi, day in, day out :biggrin:
it also starts every time i hit the start button

So I bought a 94 blaster about month ago. 1st day out break a pipe clamp & blew the coupler off in about 10mina. Today was my 2 time out. I rode the crap out of for a good 1/2hr & about 100 turns and the UMI steering bearings started sounding like crap & rusted goo dripping out. The I let my wife rip it. She lasts about 5mins and I see her floating with her hands in air. I give her my sxr & she goes for help. I try to start it & can tell it has no compression. After the tow back, Open hood & found cracked rear plug. pull plugs and lost back cylinder. Got home & pulled the head, Deto. Yamaha's blow!:rocketwhore:

Im sure it was neglected for several seasons before you got it or else all of that would not of happened at once . Its not yammies fault ,thats just pure maintenance neglect !!!!! also I have a complete new ported topend if ya PM me .

Scorn800

Ride for life
Im sure it was neglected for several seasons before you got it or else all of that would not of happened at once . Its not yammies fault ,thats just pure maintenance neglect !!!!! also I have a complete new ported topend if ya PM me .

I agree about the neglect. I don't think that boat had been ridden that hard in 10 years. The guy I bought it off "said" he used it a few times since he bought it from orignal owner but I doubt it.:smashfreakB:
Thanks for the offer but no porting for me. It needs to be spec legal. I am going to go to 62t cases and dual carbs while it's apart:bananajump:

Scorn800

Ride for life
I would have sold you an X2... that sucks Scorn, I hate blowing stuff up... it usualy ends up blowing up a credit card balance too.

You know I've never owned a x2.
I see me spending some dough on the blaster but not too much. Just enough to beat tubby:pancake:

Last edited:
So I bought a 94 blaster about month ago. 1st day out break a pipe clamp & blew the coupler off in about 10mina. Today was my 2 time out. I rode the crap out of for a good 1/2hr & about 100 turns and the UMI steering bearings started sounding like crap & rusted goo dripping out. The I let my wife rip it. She lasts about 5mins and I see her floating with her hands in air. I give her my sxr & she goes for help. I try to start it & can tell it has no compression. After the tow back, Open hood & found cracked rear plug. pull plugs and lost back cylinder. Got home & pulled the head, Deto. Yamaha's blow!:rocketwhore:

everything blow's if it wasn't maintained properly, i guess a 15 year old sea-doo would have been better since even if you thought it would be fun to ride, it wouldn't have worked long enough to purchase it...

get a block of styrofoam, they always float and never lose compression.

ger87410

How did I get here?
everything blow's if it wasn't maintained properly, i guess a 15 year old sea-doo would have been better since even if you thought it would be fun to ride, it wouldn't have worked long enough to purchase it...

get a block of styrofoam, they always float and never lose compression.

On that note:

I've got a 17 year old seadoo that runs like a champ. Everyone tells me those blow too, but I don't listen to them as long as it works.

On that note:

I've got a 17 year old seadoo that runs like a champ. Everyone tells me those blow too, but I don't listen to them as long as it works.

i know, i have no issue with sea-doos. pwc's get beat and alot of people don't take care of them. it's the same with all of them.

Ford's do suck though....

We picked up our blaster which had been sitting in over 5 years and had similar problems, but once up and running it turned out to be a great ski !! similar rusty action on a UMI i bought used, just took it apart and cleaned it and greased it properly and all good.

We love our Blaster !! Btw try to get OCEAN PRO extended nozzle you will be surprised how your turn radius gets sharpend :0)

wsuwrhr

Purveyor of the Biggest Brapp
what you expect out of a 15 year old ski?

Exactly,

Goofball.

Did you even give it a tuneup and once-over before you took it out?

Letting your wife take out an untested watercraft, WTF were you thinking?

...and when it started having problems you kept riding it?

Yamahas blow? You sure about that?

:soapbox::soapbox::wiggle::wiggle::aargh4::aargh4:

Brian

Scorn800

Ride for life
Exactly,

Goofball.

Did you even give it a tuneup and once-over before you took it out?

Letting your wife take out an untested watercraft, WTF were you thinking?

...and when it started having problems you kept riding it?

Yamahas blow? You sure about that?

:soapbox::soapbox::wiggle::wiggle::aargh4::aargh4:

Brian

:haha::haha::haha:
Did you read my post at all?:pancake:
Yes, yamaha's suck!:aargh4:
I will rebuild it & race it.:Banane13:

Top Bottom